Michael Beale

maqroll

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is interesting. I actually don't like the way we're set up at the moment, so hopefully a new coach will come with some new ideas.

*Cough* 4-2-3-1 *Cough* 3-4-2-1 *Cough*

We've actually got the personnel to play these very effectively imo

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I've seen nothing to suggest Gerrard is a tactically astute manager.

Player pull and pashun are his key attributes.

We need a replacement for Beale asap.

Beale has been there the whole time as well though.

Far too much emphasis being put on his importance imo.

Gerrard will get a replacement no problem 

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A coach who might advocate / help us find a hybrid of how SG wants to set up and still be able to include wide players could be ideal?

Lange will surely have an input on who comes in. He obviously can't force a coach on Gerrard but he'll be pushing for someone who will help realise the club's (and his) investment in Bailey and Traore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. If it was going to happen this is the best time for it. Get a new man in for pre season 

Wouldnt suprise me if he tried get carragher on board although why would he leave his comfy job at sky

Why would anybody hire Carragher as a coach. Guy hasnt a clue just like Neville. Soundbite master

A job he shouldn't even have for spitting at a kid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wfebtg2zb990xedd5a

I mean, he's improved the defense while also making us more dangerous in attack, sounds like good coaching no? How much of that is on Beale and how much is on Gerrard and the other coaches is unknown though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Lange will surely have an input on who comes in. He obviously can't force a coach on Gerrard but he'll be pushing for someone who will help realise the club's (and his) investment in Bailey and Traore.

I think they forced MacPhee and Danks on Smith

Just now, Zatman said:

Why would anybody hire Carragher as a coach. Guy hasnt a clue just like Neville. Soundbite master

A job he shouldn't even have for spitting at a kid

I think they are good pundits but rarely do good pundits make good managers/coaches 

I wouldnt be suprised if he tries poaching someone from liverpool thats not that senior under klopp

I have mentioned a number of times on the post match threads the lack of cohesion in our team and that it surely was a coaching issue.

Beale moving on might be just what we need. I always felt that Beale had almost too big a role and was leading Gerrard by the nose.

Whichever way you look at it, 14th is extremely unimpressive. 

I look forward to better performances with some top players under a new coaching set up.

• Like 1

No doubt we will get a few quid in compensation too, I assume Beale will take some of the backroom team with him too. It will be really interesting to see who we replace him with as it will give us a clear indication on the style of play to be implemented. I would like to see a real surprise appointment, maybe from a European team

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they are good pundits but rarely do good pundits make good managers/coaches 

I wouldnt be suprised if he tries poaching someone from liverpool thats not that senior under klopp

The funniest part about this is, I don't think Carragher has even indicated he wants to be a coach, so why are we debating these negative hypotheticals? lol

Also, I think SG himself might be weary of creating a " Liverpool Light" at Villa.

I'd assume the bloke very much wants his own identity.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

Xabi Alonso sounds like a decent option from those I've seen suggested, in terms of probable fit, ease of settling in, and ability to communicate with our Spanish speaking contingent in their first language. He learnt German in 2 months too so could probably pick up Portuguese too?

Seems to have got decent results as head coach for a B team, and presumably will have been through the same course of badges and qualifications that Gerrard did and hence will have the latest methods and teachings to refer to. 

Just lacks in the experience side I think, and I'd ideally like someone who SG can turn to for a different and more experienced view when he needs inspiration. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The funniest part about this is, I don't think Carragher has even indicated he wants to be a coach, so why are we debating these negative hypotheticals? lol

It’s a bloody disgrace we’re bringing in Carragher!!

On a serious note, I reckon someone from Europe.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

I know there is absolutely no links whatsoever, but somebody like Xabi Alonso would be fun. Imagine Gerrard and Alonso turning up to your house if you're thinking of signing...

It'll be interesting to see what we do here. I can see Gerrard raiding Liverpool or people he knows for the next hire. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Xabi Alonso sounds like a decent option from those I've seen suggested, in terms of probable fit, ease of settling in, and ability to communicate with our Spanish speaking contingent in their first language. He learnt German in 2 months too so could probably pick up Portuguese too?

Seems to have got decent results as head coach for a B team, and presumably will have been through the same course of badges and qualifications that Gerrard did and hence will have the latest methods and teachings to refer to. 

Just lacks in the experience side I think, and I'd ideally like someone who SG can turn to for a different and more experienced view when he needs inspiration. 

Would be a good option.  But I'd say he has aspirations to stay in management, so can't see him coming to be number 2.

Â