Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

He can be a little bit abrupt and...cantankerous even ("Well done for working that out" - ouch!), which I have to say I'm really enjoying. Not just for the sake of it, but because it will make the journo's work a bit harder I reckon, keep them in check a touch and also projects a no-nonsense, business aura. That'll bleed into everything. We've got serious in a hurry. Absolutely love it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but SG loves saying... LISTEN.

Good interview as per, hope he becomes the most hated Scouser on the planet this weekend.

It comes from the Beatles ; "Listen, do you wanna know a secret".😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

"listen" starting every sentence is on trend though, I see lots of people saying it. It doesnt bother me. it will  pass at some point the way these mannerisms do.

It means to me like “your question was a bit dumb and I’m not gonna answer it directly but here’s some related information”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Dean Smith was a breath of fresh air after having to listen to years of Steve Bruce. 

And if I'm being honest its the same right now. When Gerrard talks, he makes me believe that we are a huge club and are heading towards big things. 

I’m not just saying this because he has gone and I was always a big fan of Smith. But I did find his press conferences boring. Not that it mattered of course. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

He reminds me of me on those rare occasions I've reminded people of Ron Saunders. Hopefully he can put his words into practice, him having the ideas and ambitions is a start, it's the kind of mentality I feel we've need for a while.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â