Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They're only saying that to get Villa fans to phone in on their premium rate phone lines and complain. 

Anything said on Talksport is deliberately designed to be inflammatory and clearly the opposite of the truth. I'm amazed anyone bothers listening to it. 

Defo, Jim Shite the other saying "should they renew Gerrard's contract like they did, Cooper's to give him a lift". Fortunately no f**** fell for that one and phoned in to mention it.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Assume they mean Purslow. 

It never seemed like a good or clever appointment, and in the context of Smith getting quite a premature boot by comparison, it looks very like Purslow couldn't wait to swing the ace to get in his pal Gerrard. 

Purslow should accept responsibility. It might be time for another one of his cosy chats with the fans that we enjoy so much. 

4 minutes ago, Deano'sLob said:

That's a tough call, I would not take my kids to that game if Gerrard is still in charge

He can’t be still here on Sunday, that would take toxicity to off the scale levels and would be damaging for the club. If we can’t get the man we want at the moment, then we should appoint a caretaker. It would almost be cruel to put Gerrard through it. If Purslow can’t see that, then he should be out of the door too.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Begging for the pay-off. I don't blame him. He was fortunate enough to be employed at such a club on a massive wedge. Why would you resign and give it all up. The club have to take the hit on a poor choice. 

Appoint someone who will rally the fans back together and maybe not play favourites when picking a team. 

Â