Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

If club do the right thing today's result could be a blessing in disguise.

Other results haven't gone too badly for us this week, Leicester beating Leeds but Leicester were always likely to improve eventually anway, and Leeds losing that game is probably the better result for us.

Just let someone else have a go at the Brentford game hope they can get a reaction from the players and then try our best to bring in a top quality replacement, even if it means waiting until the World Cup break and leaving someone in tempory charge.

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Got a feeling this red card is going to save him, they will spin a narrative saying its not fair to sack him after a game where it was an uneven playing field.

Purslow loves him too much. 

Nope, as I said in the match thread, we were being well beaten 11 v 11.  We didn't look remotely like turning it around. The sending off is no excuse. 

Just now, Don_Simon said:

No **** chance. He's gone. We were shite before the sending off. Purslow has to act now, he has no choice. 

"The thought of replacing Gerrard hadnt even crossed my mind" 

so it far fetched to think the next comment will be "We were reduced to 10 men by ineffiecient refereeing, making it unfair for the manager to react accordingly to going a goal down"?

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

I'm not watching. Tell me more. Elaborate, baby...

You've seen it for a while but for me - it's the way the players are today. Professional, yes, but resigned that they're just waiting for the new manager. We've all seen that look sadly enough a few times in the past decade, but it's quite obvious today.

Leicester are far better than us and it was only a matter of time until they picked up. Wolves will be next once the new manager is in place there. Nobody above us is worse than us either, a few maybe on a par but now we are playing catch up from below them which will be very tough.

Get the guy gone for goodness sake, it's shambolic!

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

"The thought of replacing Gerrard hadnt even crossed my mind" 

so it far fetched to think the next comment will be "We were reduced to 10 men by ineffiecient refereeing, making it unfair for the manager to react accordingly to going a goal down"?

That first comment is something he has to say. And he said to a bloke at a fan consultation group. It wasn't picked up by main stream press, just die-hards like you and I.

He has brought the average age up heavily as well with high wages. 

Basically destroyed all the good progress Smith build and tore it down. 

Edited by Pinebro

On for Fulham's first clean sheet of the season and I doubt they'll have an easier game either.

Never mind sacked in the morning, I'd like it to be tonight.

Edited by Indigo

Â