Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No you see the manager has no control over what happens on the pitch. He just watches them train, picks the team and tells them to go do their thing. What they do after this point is completely up to them. The manager has no influence.

But if Ings scores a 30 yard wonder goal and we win, same poster will be giving Gerrard all the credit. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't be surprised if this has actually been rumbling on in the background for weeks.

Whilst people have been on here having meltdowns " wHaT dA fUq aRe dAy dOiNg!!!???? " 

Just because we aren't privy to information, or aren't told every single.move and up date in real time doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Been saying , they aren't thick.

What if we now beat Fulham and Brentford convincingly, and then Pochettino agrees to come here. Do the club sack Gerrard after two wins or do they tell Pochettino, sorry we have changed our minds?

Dunno why I keep looking in here, it's like an obsession. Glad I'm not on social media cos that's probably 10 times worse.

I wanted Gerrard to succeed but after 12 months he's failing just as much if not worse than Deano was. Losing him now can only be a positive, especially if we are after The Poch. I think he knows what's happening, he's been different in his last few interviews. Almost resigned to it

• Like 2

I think @JAMAICAN-VILLANis probably right, though, I'd be surprised if they haven't drawn up a shortlist of replacements, but it's hard to get the timing right mid-season. That's part of the reason we ended up with Gerrard in the first place, and they don't want to repeat the mistake.

The World Cup break could be a more natural time to line someone up.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

I think @JAMAICAN-VILLANis probably right, though, I'd be surprised if they haven't drawn up a shortlist of replacements, but it's hard to get the timing right mid-season. That's part of the reason we ended up with Gerrard in the first place, and they don't want to repeat the mistake.

Oh I agree with him 100%, said as much in the NSWE thread. It’s the comment towards other posters lower down that’s unneeded considering how much other posters are called out to stop doing stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Oh I agree with him 100%, said as much in the NSWE thread. It’s the comment towards other posters lower down that’s unneeded considering how much other posters are called out to stop doing stuff. 

Fair enough!

I'm calling us all out in general.

Myself included.

We often get Impatient, angry and make assumptions we in reality know nothing about.

I've always said, even when things seem dark, it's my faith in the owners which keep me hope that we'll eventually come out the right end.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

What if we now beat Fulham and Brentford convincingly, and then Pochettino agrees to come here. Do the club sack Gerrard after two wins or do they tell Pochettino, sorry we have changed our minds?

We’ve scored 7 goals. We aren’t going to win.

I was actually quite excited by the appointment initially - was fresh, big name in the sport, had done a few bits with Rangers although nothing extraordinary for that league. Definitely someone who has a winning mentality.  

However, through a combination of naivety and really poor talent within our squad, this has not worked out. Gerrard clearly is not the ideas man, we need someone with a serious brain when it comes to coaching these players on tactical plays, so we can have a plan B more than anything else! We must get these players actually playing football and scoring goals. It’s pretty disgraceful that we have scored 7 goals from 10 games. 

I can’t quite decide if Gerrard is disliked amongst the squad, however the treatment of more than one player has raised eyebrows. Particularly with Mings.  But saying that, we have some real crap within the team that must be sold or let go. Too many passengers still.

This is an experiment which hasn’t worked. I’d like for us to make an appointment which is ambitious and which will get people saying “ok, Villa are going for it now”. 

Thanks for coming and having a go Steven, but we aren’t the club for you right now. 

2 minutes ago, Folski said:

We’ve scored 7 goals. We aren’t going to win.

We all know that. My point was, why not sack first then find a replacement. Added bonus, we could have somebody else in charge temporarily, just look at Bournemouth that worked pretty well for them.

Since he haven’t been sacked, there is no reason to believe we are looking for a replacement.

21 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

What about it?  If Poch is available, sack off Gerrard even if we beat Fulham 29-0.

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

We all know that. My point was, why not sack first then find a replacement. Added bonus, we could have somebody else in charge temporarily, just look at Bournemouth that worked pretty well for them.

Since he haven’t been sacked, there is no reason to believe we are looking for a replacement.

Totally agree, he should have been gone weeks ago.

31 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Dunno why I keep looking in here, it's like an obsession. Glad I'm not on social media cos that's probably 10 times worse.

I wanted Gerrard to succeed but after 12 months he's failing just as much if not worse than Deano was. Losing him now can only be a positive, especially if we are after The Poch. I think he knows what's happening, he's been different in his last few interviews. Almost resigned to it

He's failing horribly, much worse than Smith!

He's put over £150m on the club's books in 12 months and we're worse! More boring, less goals, the squad and club is more distant from the fanbase.

He will never get another PL job. It's Sherwood all over again.

• Like 2

Very depressing watching all this going on at our club. A very non-progressive manager somehow hanging on by a thread from game to game but not being held to account by the board or owners. Trust with fans being eroded more and more with every passing day. Fear of relegation now a very real prospect.

(Wasted) investment aside, it feels like a return to the Lambert and Sherwood days tbh. Awful feeling.

53 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think the Gerrard signing was planned for a while, even executed during an international break to give as much time as possible for him to settle. It was just a shit plan.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

One of the greatest unsolved football mysteries will be how we were playing like this, and what happened to Gerrard-ball. We haven't seen this for nigh-on 10 months. 

Opposition worked out how to stop it and we had no back up plan.

• Like 1

Â