Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

26 minutes ago, jim said:

Listen 😉

If things are as bad as some on here are making out, fractures in the dressing room, players hate him, want to leave, questioning his decisions etc... then the powers that be will be acutely aware of this and will take the necessary action and he won't be kept around for much longer unless there is a massive up turn in results and harmony is returned.

Even Purslow would not be able to gloss over an unhappy camp as the risks are too great. IF things are bad behind the scenes then I'm sure the players will be voicing their concerns to the decision makers.

This. We have to trust the club here. 

Because if it is as bad as people say and the club doesn't act...

In fact, if it had been as bad, he'd be gone already. No way a manager that toxic would get more time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Been thinking this over and maybe he's already been told he's gone after the Citeh game, if you want your compo sign this nda, put on a brave face for the next few games and then yer oot!

If someone paid me 12 million to keep my mouth shut, I'll do it with bells and whistles, including posing with new signings sporting a Hollywood smile... 

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Yeah gone after City for sure!

Surely it’s Leicester which will be the final straw? No point getting rid after a game in which we have no hope of winning anyway, even if we could play actual football. 

20 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I don't think it's a good look to sign players who "cant wait to work with Steven Gerrard" to then sack him only days later.

Why do people care what we ‘look’ like? We will look like idiots when we get relegated that’s for sure

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I never said things are a disaster behind the scenes. I think the players were playing for him against arsenal.

The stuff on the pitch is enough to warrant his removal 

Arsenal looked like players who know he is on the way out and are auditioning for the next manager.  We'll see the same for Man City as well.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Why do people care what we ‘look’ like? We will look like idiots when we get relegated that’s for sure

I care what the players think. You know the ones who actually go out and represent the club?

37 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Yes, we've just not told him yet.

In fairness that's pretty much how Smith was sacked - Purslow was obviously doing the deal with SG in the background and only sacked Smith when he knew he could get his replacement in.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I never said things are a disaster behind the scenes. I think the players were playing for him against arsenal.

The stuff on the pitch is enough to warrant his removal 

I wasn't suggesting you were, I was pointing out that poor performances aside if there is other stuff going on behind the scenes causing disruption then the powers that be will dismiss him post haste hence no need for the concern he won't be gone quickly.

Â