Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

15 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Not sure if you were born after this but does the 2015 - 16 season ring any bells? (5 points in 14 games)

In 2015-16 we had 4 points after 5 games. If Gerrard is allowed to continue, I’m sure it will be 3 points after 14 matches.

I'm starting to think we need to part ways with him just to bring some positivity back, whoever we bring in to replace him will be the most important signing, someone decent that, then we have more than a good enough squad to show some progress this season.

• Like 2

I think he thought he'd buy his fancy players and the details and preparation would sort themselves out.

Hasn't happened that way and he has been completely exposed while making us look a joke.

No way back.

• Like 4

This appointment has set us back years, nothing has been right since he come, players wanting to leave, another bomb squad to train with the youth, us buying up coming players, now that’s changed to 29+ on overinflated wages that have literally bugger all sell on value 

i just want him gone now

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

This appointment has set us back years, nothing has been right since he come, players wanting to leave, another bomb squad to train with the youth, us buying up coming players, now that’s changed to 29+ on overinflated wages that have literally bugger all sell on value 

i just want him gone now

Also add the fact that youth was never going to get a look in, and Villa park and the Villa academy are no longer a destination for providing youth a way through to the first team. Instead, we just add over priced, over age mediocrity.

This is all going down hill very fast.

• Like 3

I don't see Leicester winning today against ManUre or Brighton this Sunday...  Which sets up next weekend to be the do or die game for both Gerrard & Rodgers.  Whoever loses will get the sack.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't see Leicester winning today against ManUre or Brighton this Sunday...  Which sets up next weekend to be the do or die game for both Gerrard & Rodgers.  Whoever loses will get the sack.  

That's a very real prospect. Gunfight at the OK corral. (I guess not many of you guys know what I'm on about....Great film) 😀

Edited by villabromsgrove
know instead of no
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

That's a very real prospect. Gunfight at the OK corral. (I guess not many of you guys no what I'm on about....Great film) 😀

Honestly, the worst thing that could happen is that we shithouse a goal or score another fluke Dougie corner to win and that buys Gerrard another 3-4 games.  I never want to see Villa lose but I'm kind of hoping for another Whelan penalty moment if they don't just sack him after Man City.  

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Both will get sacked. Possibly on the same day. Rodgers has run his course and there doesn’t seem to be a way back for him. Gerrard never worked and never will, as we all know.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

That's a very real prospect. Gunfight at the OK corral. (I guess not many of you guys no what I'm on about....Great film) 😀

As a wild west geek, of course I do. 

Who's Ike Clanton and who's Wyatt Earp in this game? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Honestly, the worst thing that could happen is that we shithouse a goal or score another fluke Dougie corner to win and that buys Gerrard another 3-4 games.  I never want to see Villa lose but I'm kind of hoping for another Whelan penalty moment if they don't just sack him after Man City.  

Luckly it don't work this way, it'll all be getting sorted behind closed doors as we speak hopefully, so win or lose he'll be going.

The money the owners have spent, 2nd from bottom, financial suicide to keep him here.

Â