Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

He does really well against the Palaces/Southamptons of this world. Palace look good now but I still fancy us. I'm more interested to see how we fare against West Ham. If we can put in a strong performance and/or get a result, it'll increase my confidence in him. Because our record against the top half was horrendous last season. Simply being flat track bullies isn't enough to get you into the top half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Gerrard isn't on the brink.  And to my knowledge Hasenhüttl wasn't sacked after the first or even second 9-0 defeat.

Exactly. People are either posting for effect or projecting their real feelings because they don’t want him to succeed here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jim said:

Great to see everyone so cheery again 😂

We win a match therefore we must find something else to be negative about. NSWE have turned the taps off and the sky is falling!

Yeah you were never negative over the last few years. Nothing but optimism and positivity. You tell em. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

I sometimes wonder, if you read things properly.

They ( The Club) are trying to do better, even if it isn't that much better.....No Manager is a guarantee....You should know that.

They sacked Dean and brought in SG to do better.......but one had 3 years and the other 9 months, so SG still has time to improve things.

but if you feel my opinion is inadequate....write to Purslow and ask him.

Yes the club are trying to do better. What club doesn't?

The question is why did they replace Smith with Gerrard? 

To progress can be the only answer and we have not.

Fortunately for the club some fans now say without new players Gerrard can't get top half. I would hope the club haven't eased off in their ambitions so easily.

I also hope they've seen something not evident on the pitch that they have made the right choice. Moving Smith on was never the issue, changing to Gerrard was. Made no sense at the time and still looks the wrong decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes the club are trying to do better. What club doesn't?

The question is why did they replace Smith with Gerrard? 

To progress can be the only answer and we have not.

Fortunately for the club some fans now say without new players Gerrard can't get top half. I would hope the club haven't eased off in their ambitions so easily.

I also hope they've seen something not evident on the pitch that they have made the right choice. Moving Smith on was never the issue, changing to Gerrard was. Made no sense at the time and still looks the wrong decision.

Replacing Smith 100% wasnt the wrong decision, anyone who thinks his time hadn't come is using some super thick claret & blue tinted glasses.

Whether we replaced him with the right manager though, is clearly debatable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Replacing Smith 100% wasnt the wrong decision, anyone who thinks his time hadn't come is using some super thick claret & blue tinted glasses.

Whether we replaced him with the right manager though, is clearly debatable.

The issue I have with bringing in Gerrard was that it was such a gamble.  Every manager hire, of course, is a gamble but even the most pro Gerrard as a manager fan must agree it was a huge gamble for us.  Even when Smith was sacked Gerrard wasn’t mentioned initially as a possible replacement until the news broke we were interested in him.  

It’s not working out for him at the Villa at the moment, we just have to hope something clicks or he turns it around and all the doubters and people on the fence can have something to gravitate to because on the pitch, at the moment, it’s pretty difficult to do that.  It’s a shame we can’t keep playing poor Everton teams every week and hang on to wins at the end, we will face harder opposition and we must do better.

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I watched Palace Vs Leeds here in Perth and it was the most boring soccer match I have ever watched.The final score was 1-1 ( both goals scored by Leeds ) both teams concentrated on defence.Palace only had 1 decent player,a big black guy on the left.

rvMBx5I.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah you were never negative over the last few years. Nothing but optimism and positivity. You tell em. 

I didn’t go out looking for every scrap of negativity I could find.

Certainly not a patch on some of the drivel and made up fantasies  posted here in the last few months.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I didn’t go out looking for every scrap of negativity I could find.

Certainly not a patch on some of the drivel and made up fantasies  posted here in the last few months.

Enjoy it while you can. I hear NSWE want to liquidate the club. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

£32 million net so far for Gerrard to sign players. Whens he walking due to lack of support from the board ? 

The way some talk you’d think he had spent half a billy! 

Â