Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Rodders said:

no idea what this word removed does on the training ground

Certainly doesn't seem to be 'prepare for the coming game'. 

Game plan seems to be give it to Coutinho and hope for the best. Very little rhyme or reason to anything we do, seems like they're just making it up on the fly rather than anything they'd trained for. 

10 minutes ago, Dale said:

Of our players the best today have been Bailey and Sanson those that haven't had a chance before now. Coutinho anonymous. Ollie has won some flick ons in the air, no one running beyond. 

And who do you think the first players to come off will be...

For all the positivity surrounding the club at the moment, all our teams, U18s, U23s, women, and the fIrst team are struggling a lot this season, a good chance this is going to be another weekend where they all lose again, which has happened quite a few times this season.

As for Gerrard no idea if he's the right manger to take us forward, we've had ups and downs so far with him in charge, but one thing I do know is that this squad is midtable at best, people talk about systems but these players were struggling even more so playing Smith's system and not just the start of this season, but since the start of last year, our squad just isn't that great.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yet Luiz was our best midfielder in the last month and dropped. His favourites are so blatant

If McGinn isnt hauled off for Luiz at half time then its so blatant

and Coutinho too. I know he had an instant impact but noway is he as influencial as Grealish was. 

• Like 1

Just meekly losing to every team above us in the table isn't going to be good enough in the long run with these owners.

Worrying sign of Gerrard's tenure so far. Wolves are missing their two best players and haven't been that great today yet could've easily scored 4-5 that half.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

and Coutinho too. I know he had an instant impact but noway is he as influencial as Grealish was. 

Coutinho has mainly struggled in away games, except for Leeds he has not been brilliant

Again can't reiterate enough how big a mistake it will be to persist with this guy and give him bagfuls of cash in the summer.

It's MON all over again.

Last chance to get rid otherwise all i foresee is the owners losing the interest and pulling the plug.

Seen nothing to suggest he's the man to take us to the next level or he's much of an improvement over Smith.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

Guys clueless. If you're going to bring Dougie on to settle it down, you do it at half time or early second half. Not when we've already been more composed for 35 minutes of the game and needing an attacking or creative spark.

He's not a game changer you bring on at 70 mins to drive the midfield forwards.

I don't think he knows what he's doing well enough, openly says the team don't buy into his system but his system looks very flawed and he doesn't know how to get the most out of it or his players.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Guys clueless. If you're going to bring Dougie on to settle it down, you do it at half time or early second half. 

He's not a game changer you bring on at 70 mins to drive the midfield forwards.

I don't think he knows what he's doing well enough, openly says the team don't buy into his system but his system looks very flawed and he doesn't know how to get the most out of it or his players.

He makes it sound like he's Rinus Michels

Losing games is bad but if we look like we are doing something that can make progress than we could have some hope but this is just dire. We have no system which some posters  complain the players arent buying into. We have no pattern of play, no tempo and we are so easy to play against. Its not like we have Rudy Gestede and Gabby in attack we bloody have the players

Question marks need to be asked before the summer as this is pretty poor. 

Â