Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Its obvious that the players quality is a letting the managers down, Smith and Gerrard. Who actually picks who we are signing is the real question. Cash,  Target and Ming's were all purchased when we lower premier League teams , their not good enough for challenging the top 6 and the midfield is also lacking. 

We are stuck in mid table and buying our way out of it is a short term solution and is very risky for the whole club. 

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I have no belief that, as of this moment, Gerrard knows or believes we can get results against the big teams. For all of Smith's problems I always thought there was a chance we could win any game (except against Man City obviously) He needs to find a way to make our play more expansive.

Smith miles ahead of Gerrard in the big games. 

No question about that. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

TBH I don't want to moan but I am sick of the Watkins, Ing's persistence. I have for what seems several months now been tired of it. I think Gerrard needs to seriously stop relying on having a better player in a position that doesn't work for him, just to facilitate. Watkins and Ing's have got to be one of the most solo relationship's ever witnessed in a forward line. Neither compliments the other instead at times running the same channels or too far from each other to link up in any effective way. Grumble over. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

🤣 someone put this is the joke thread please ! Hilarious 🤣

He has a point. We aren’t safe yet. Can easily get sucked back into the scrap. We shouldn’t be losing to Brentford having dominated the game. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

I have no belief that, as of this moment, Gerrard knows or believes we can get results against the big teams. For all of Smith's problems I always thought there was a chance we could win any game (except against Man City obviously) He needs to find a way to make our play more expansive.

Nonsense, we just battered utd at old Trafford and by way of poor refereeing and luck we didn't get a result we deserved based on our performance. We should have got a result vs man city and have been very competitive in every game so far.

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can’t agree with this. We’ve been monumentally unlucky tonight and we were by miles and miles the better team against Brentford for 75 mins. 

on another day we’d be winning the last two games and on a high. 

results will come, signings for fine tuning will help. 

Maybe im misremembering the Brentford game then because i thought we we're rubbish in that. I dont think you can consistently not take your chances against teams you are dominating and claim bad luck either. We are in serious need of quality in multiple positions imo and i think the last few weeks have proven that.

1 minute ago, picicata said:

Yep, don't think he's got more than one playing style. It seemed to work initially - get narrow,  push opposition down the wings, defend the box from shots and crosses.

It's not working any more. We starting to look defensively soft again. Players are letting standards slip. The slow manner that throw-ins and free kicks are taken infuriates me, where's the urgency. Gerrard seems fine with it.

Really getting worried this will turn out like the failed Lampard managerial experiment.

Christ, I hope I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Its obvious that the players quality is a letting the managers down, Smith and Gerrard. Who actually picks who we are signing is the real question. Cash,  Target and Ming's were all purchased when we lower premier League teams , their not good enough for challenging the top 6 and the midfield is also lacking. 

Smith beat a better performing utd side with these very same players.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Yep, don't think he's got more than one playing style. It seemed to work initially - get narrow,  push opposition down the wings, defend the box from shots and crosses.

It's not working any more. We starting to look defensively soft again. Players are letting standards slip. The slow manner that throw-ins and free kicks are taken infuriates me, where's the urgency. Gerrard seems fine with it.

Really getting worried this will turn out like the failed Lampard managerial experiment.

Christ, I hope I'm wrong.

Thing is there was such a hard on for Gerard - the totally ridiculous salary for a guy who only managed in a poor league.

Basically it seems NSWE will chuck absolutely everything to ensure Stevie G is a success.

If he isn't god knows where that leaves us.

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

He has a point. We aren’t safe yet. Can easily get sucked back into the scrap. We shouldn’t be losing to Brentford having dominated the game. 

Whilst I agree it’s not mathematically certain we stay up ,I just don’t think we will get ‘sucked back into’ any scrap down at the bottom , there are lots of bumps in the road ahead but I believe we are playing much better and more organised under SG , incomings will change things massively, UTV !

Â