Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

22 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He’s an idiot. First his painfully obvious comment of “I still feel there is a gap between being an elite manager and where Steven Gerrard is. But you start somewhere.” Then he says he doesn’t think he’ll be elite with no explanation for why he believes that. No one has any clue as to what kind of manager Gerrard will but so far he’s looking pretty damn good. Lets hope it continues.

To be fair, I like Simon Jordan.

He's obviously already changed his stance, but he's got to hold on to something.

• Like 1

I think for the first time I question his tactics. The starting line up was too compact. Back line far too deep and lack of forward line cost us putting liverpool under any real pressure until too late. Props to Smith because he understood to get at Liverpool, a high press and pace wide was your best chance, keeping their FBs honest. Today we gave their FBs the freedom to bomb on and overload the wings pinning us back. 

• Like 2

Not sure what game people have being watching but we played well today , contained them, how many shots on target did they have actually have. Their penalty was the only difference and we had an equally valid claim for one on Ings denied.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Incredibly negative set up.

Just sat back and let them do what they want. 

Yeah, absolutely correct. We should have gone there with an open game plan and tried to outplay possibly the best team in world football in their own ground. What was Gerrard thinking! 🙄

• Haha 2

Expected to lose by more. Thats not a criticism of Gerrard or our players, its just that Liverpool are excellent. 

Lets move on to Norwich and Burnley and hopefully 6 points. 

• Like 3

Ewwwwww that was an awful lineup selection. 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, a utility man and a striker. The only hope was a 0-0. 

Parking the bus away to Liverpool is always going to be a huge ask. If you are going to give up 20+ shots I would rather we at least go for it in the future. 

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

Yeah, absolutely correct. We should have gone there with an open game plan and tried to outplay possibly the best team in world football in their own ground. What was Gerrard thinking! 🙄

There's a fine middle ground between Gung ho and park the bus. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yet could have had a penalty to draw 1-1

Man City game battered 1st half, could have scored at the end to draw 2-2

Its fine margins vs the best teams in the world... I'll take that at the moment 

The city game was absolutely miles better. 

Â