Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Wouldn't have been my first choice but now he is here he will get 100% of my support.

I've got a good pal who is a Rangers fan that is devastated he has gone, he said he absolutely transformed the club from top to bottom. I think it's a good indication of someone's talents when their former clubs fans speak so highly of them. 

I was apprehensive before the appointment but I'm feeling more and more excited as it sinks in. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel like I’m reading some Mcleish type reactions. 

Totally. I really don’t get it. Like, he wasn’t my first choice either, but here we are and the potential and ambition is still there. The club is in a bad run of form but it’s good enough to comfortably stay in the league. The eras of old are thankfully long behind us. It’s a different Aston Villa and I hope Steven can prove the doubters wrong. 

• Like 1

Welcome Steven. Hope you have Villa flying. Not expecting more than a solid midtable finish this season, clear of relegation trouble. Next season, with a transfer window and a preseason will be the real test. Hope you pass it with flying colours.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Love the way he sort of dares the cardboard cutout to get up again!

The thing that makes me chuckle about this is the thought that after he's hit the cardboard model, and it is lying all broken on the floor, SG's face will still have that enigmatic half-smile. Taunting him. 

• Haha 1

Welcome Steven Gerrard and here's wishing you a long and successful Villa career.

You have some big boots to fill but you do seem to have the right personality and manner to be the headman of our great club. If you do get offered the Liverpool job in the next 2-3 years it will mean you have done an incredible job at Villa Park.

The King is Dead! Long live the new King!

Now lets this show back on the road.

UTV

13 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

The King is dead Long live the King, 

Just had to google it. He is the 24th Villa manger I have seen at VP since I started going at age of 10 

Who was the first? Mine is Eric Houghton.

Â