The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

12 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Possibly so, but we should maybe not be talking about disaster unless and  until we can see it actually is a disaster.

Yeah sorry, I'm not predicting a disaster. I was more thinking of Sherwood in terms of a manager with little experience. 

29 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Here you go those who are not keen on Gerrard. John Hartson (I dunno either) has got you covered! he hasnt signed yet! :)

But the Scottish daily record are saying he this afternoon Hartson  backtracked and now accepts he was wrong and gerrard is going after all - rather embarrassing 

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I never do hate, Dave. Criticism, maybe, but never hate.

Quite right, hate is too extreme. However I think it is valid to be extremely critical of those 6 toed, knuckle dragging, brain farts from Small Heath who deserve nothing but contempt. To be hyper critical they an abhorrence to mankind with an aversion to soap who engender the most base instincts of loathing. But of course not hate, just constructive criticism for the brain dead morons. I think you’ll agree that’s more than fair criticism?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Life is weird. Imagine one month ago if someone had said Steven Gerrard would be Villa boss now.

I would have laughed and told you "No way they would sack Smith that quickly...  Plus, Gerrard????  Come on...  Our club has more ambition than that..."  I was sure wrong.

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's got to consider himself pretty fortunate that he's managed to get a job like this at this point in his career. 

Have Villa ever had a manager with less experience?

Or even the Rangers job as his first ever job in management.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Quite right, hate is too extreme. However I think it is valid to be extremely critical of those 6 toed, knuckle dragging, brain farts from Small Heath who deserve nothing but contempt. To be hyper critical they an abhorrence to mankind with an aversion to soap who engender the most base instincts of loathing. But of course not hate, just constructive criticism for the brain dead morons. I think you’ll agree that’s more than fair criticism?

Critics gotta criticise

• Haha 1

I think Steven has been seduced by the vision for the club just like many players seem to be. Its without doubt that in the space of a season we have gone from lots of pundits second favourite team to watch to be completely forgotten about again. The perception is that we are happy just to avoid relegation and that the likes of Everton West Ham and Leicester are run on a completely different financial footing and are far more ambitious. And that Newcastle is a far bigger job with all their resources. 

We do a shit job of keeping the medias attention now Greal has gone and Gerrard will defo heighten our profile again. I am starting to get very excited by this appointment and will support him to the hilt 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I think Steven has been seduced by the vision for the club just like many players seem to be. Its without doubt that in the space of a season we have gone from lots of pundits second favourite team to watch to be completely forgotten about again. The perception is that we are happy just to avoid relegation and that the likes of Everton West Ham and Leicester are run on a completely different financial footing and are far more ambitious. And that Newcastle is a far bigger job with all their resources. 

We do a shit job of keeping the medias attention now Greal has gone and Gerrard will defo heighten our profile again. I am starting to get very excited by this appointment and will support him to the hilt 

TBH, I can see many Premier League clubs refusing to sell to Newcastle, unless they pay a ridiculous price, just like they've been trying to do with Man City.  This will force them to look abroad for most of their signings.  

3 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I hope we keep Trez, he's a brilliant squad player to have

Trez's graft in that early part of last season coincided with our good run. 

He has his limitations, but we've missed that aspect of his game when we've been too open this season. Buendia was meant to be a grafter allied to his attacking abilities.  But seen very little of that so far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been able to read or post all day, so apologies if this has already been highlighted. Farmers league or not, the trend of improvement year on year, is at least is encouraging?

FB_IMG_1636571516053.jpg

Their opposition only averaged 1.4 shots on target per game?

Even Norwich averages 2.6 per game in the PL. 

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

TBH, I can see many Premier League clubs refusing to sell to Newcastle, unless they pay a ridiculous price, just like they've been trying to do with Man City.  This will force them to look abroad for most of their signings.  

With Eddie Howe in charge they will struggle to attract decent players and ffp will mean they can spent no more than us 

So I’m on this journey as I said early but a few comical things enter my mind.  I’ll be very intrigued to see the pre match thread comments if he started 3 at the back and Ings and Watkins as the front two against Brighton.  I know he prefers 433 but let me put out there the hypothetical.

• Like 4