The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dark day if we do announce Gerrard. I even gave Steve Bruce a chance evem though I disliked him but definitely not this piece of shit.

Championship here we come 

if you go to games, please don't help create a sour atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

So now we are comparing Gerrard to Pep?

Steven Gerrard will not take us to where we want to get to. 

18 months time he will be off to Liverpool once Klopp takes a Sabbatical..

And the current Villa side to the barca side he took over as well.  

Deep down I know Purslow will hire Gerard.  It may turn out to be the right move in 9 months but it’s the totally wrong move now.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

And the current Villa side to the barca side he took over as well.  

Deep down I know Purslow will hire Gerard.  It may turn out to be the right move in 9 months but it’s the totally wrong move now.

Who's the right move o oracle of oracles?

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The truth is, no way would Gerrard go to Wolves or Southampton (or probably West Ham). I think that people are underestimating his status in the game. He has never failed at anything.

Well there was that slip to loose them the title 🤔

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I agree. I have long given up trying to predict who would be a good managerial appointment over the years. I remember Southampton were mad to bring in some unknown Argentinian manager after they sacked Adkins who got them promoted and had sealed their relegation, I recall thinking Leicester were also certain for relegation after hiring an Italian journeyman who had failed during his management of Greece at international level, I recall reading Moyes was a busted flush after failed stints at Man Utd and in Spain.

I think sometimes as fans we tend to concentrate on the fails rather than the successes when we view potential managerial candidates so we only see the potential pit falls. 

I personally have no idea anymore who would be a good manager for us, all I know is there are no guarantees of success or failure. Sometimes someone is just a good fit at that moment in time at that certain club.

This is the first real proper test of the NSWE ownership, they haven't let us down in the past, lets hope they do a good job this time and get behind whoever they put in charge.

good post.

I think fans not only tend to concentrate on the fails rather than successes, but also probably put a little too much stock into their own ability to predict a failure or success as well.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dark day if we do announce Gerrard. I even gave Steve Bruce a chance evem though I disliked him but definitely not this piece of shit.

Championship here we come 

Genuine question: If he achieves a top 8 finish with us this season, will you change your tune and support him?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s Gerrard I predict that in 2-3 months time everyone of you will love him. 

I agree with this.

He's not my first choice but I have been won over mainly by the testimonies from Scotland I am hearing on here. 

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Do you really think if Gerrard can’t be successful here he’s going to walk into a Liverpool job to challenge for the league and champions league? 

but at what cost will he be successful? our future beyond 18 months is not with 30+ year olds that he bought in to shoot us up the table, referenced before bruce bringing in jedinak and whelan to get us promoted with no care that once we were promoted our midfield was ****, he just wanted that promotion on his CV

this team is crying out for a good experienced CM but at the same time we have 3 england youth international CMs on our books, that is the issue with our next manager, will a guy who's already eyeing up his next job that problem right? i dont think he will

if gerrard gets top 10 in the next 2 years by playing chuk and ramsey in the middle every week and then leaves us for liverpool then power to him but i dont see it

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm kinda warming to the idea of Gerrard 👀

Me too. I think reading the negative posts about him on here are pushing me towards him as they are mainly based on emotion rather than reality. If we remove the anti Liverpool and pro Dean Smith rhetoric there are very few negatives and many positives

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The truth is, no way would Gerrard go to Wolves or Southampton (or probably West Ham). I think that people are underestimating his status in the game. He has never failed at anything.

That's not true.  He failed to win the FA Cup on his birthday as the perfect end to his playing career.

Pin on Aston Villa

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Steven Gerrard Slip GIF - Steven Gerrard Slip Chelsea FC - Discover & Share  GIFs

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

That's good but I also hope he skips Villa to 🤣

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If the aim is to step up to the next level, you wouldn't hire a young manager whose only success is winning the SPL with a Glasgow club. You'd go get someone that's done it at the level you want to be at, or at least shown they've got the ability to make a side below that level perform above what it really should be.

We can't predict how it'll work out but we can point out that Dean Smith was dismissed because we were not seeing continuous improvement - Purslow's exact words. The aim is also Europe, publicly stated many times. I'd put Steeeevie G well down the list of gettable managers who could fulfil that criteria. Will all be moot if he's a success, if he is not however, then NSWE have an easy decision to make re Purslow.