The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

13 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

£25m release clause, which may put us off..

Well it’s been said we’d be willing to pay comwknsation to get the right man and the list was going to be ambitious. Think the days of managers moving for big fees akin to players is upon us - nanglesman coat Bayern €33 million Euros … 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Well it’s been said we’d be willing to pay comwknsation to get the right man and the list was going to be ambitious. Think the days of managers moving for big fees akin to players is upon us - nanglesman coat Bayern €33 million Euros … 

At first when I scanned that post I though this was a dirty word.

I don’t think I’d be willing to give any manager cockwanksation.

• Haha 4

Think all contracts in Portugal have release clauses in them, like they do in Spain. Just part of league rules that they must.

Pretty sure he would not cost anything close to €25m to get, but still might cost way more than we'd be willing to offer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

At the time he wanted to take a break from football, but that was Dec 2020, so he’s had nearly a year. May be more amenable now.

He’s my favourite, but I am slightly concerned at his age- 64.

Thanks. Out of reactions.

Always a sign I’ve spent far too long on here.  Last time that happened was the Grealish saga! 

I like the sound of Favre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Think all contracts in Portugal have release clauses in them, like they do in Spain. Just part of league rules that they must.

Pretty sure he would not cost anything close to €25m to get, but still might cost way more than we'd be willing to offer.

Apparently Sporting paid €10m for him, so I don't think we'd have a lot of wiggle room there. 

21 minutes ago, useless said:

out of all the candidates mentioned there's not one that I would be overly disappointed with.

I saw Ron Atkinson mentioned earlier 😛

Also John Terry and Martinez have been mentioned quite a lot.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’ll be more important than any of our players so it’s not unreasonable to think that we should have to pay similar to what we would for a player. You’d hate to have to sack someone 6 months after paying that sort of money though.

Just now, lexicon said:

Apparently Sporting paid €10m for him, so I don't think we'd have a lot of wiggle room there. 

Offer them £60m if they throw in João Palhinha

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any ideas why he didn’t?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/24/lucien-favre-rejects-crystal-palaces-managers-job-in-late-u-turn

the former Switzerland midfielder has decided that he would like to take a longer break from football and is not yet ready to return to the rigours of management.

EDIT: Apologies, Lexicon already posted this

Edited by Peter Griffin

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

Read somewhere it was fior tax reasons, that could be a load of cobblers though 

Might be wrong, but I think that was someone else not Favre. Can’t remember who.