The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i would say that any new manager needs to buy into the academy. i trust the board on that much. and considering gerrard was liverpool's youth coach before becomming a manager, i trust him to buy into it too

He hasn't brought through youth in a league where bringing through youth is supposed to be easy. Favre at Dortmund had faith in numerous teenagers like Pulisic, Sancho, Reyna, Haaland, and even started Moukoko as soon as he turned 16. Should be a no brainer if we care about making the most of the talent we are developing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's a very attractive job for a range of managers - owners who will back their manager, premier league club, historic club, good quality squad to begin with. 

I'd say its a considerably more appealing job then working for that scum regime in the North East.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's a very attractive job for a range of managers - owners who will back their manager, premier league club, historic club, good quality squad to begin with. 

I agree, I expect we will get one of the 2 or 3 we are actually after. I don't think we will be in a situation where all of our preferred managers have said no and we then need a plan B

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I don't care about bringing through youth I care about winning. 

If the kids are good enough great if they're not send them out on loan. 

Bringing youth through is much more financially sustainable though, it would also help us to spend our transfer budget on fewer players and thus be able to buy better quality.

• Like 2

Interesting how he quickly dismissed talk of newcastle a couple of weeks ago but refused to comment on villa - talk of a £2m buyout clause which means rangers can’t stop him going  if he wants the job - as his mate carragher says he probably won’t get a better club  job in the premier league than villa before Liverpool in maybe 3 years . 

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

Interesting how he quickly dismissed talk of newcastle a couple of weeks ago but refused to comment on villa - talk of a £2m buyout clause which means rangers can’t stop him hoping if he wants the job - as his mate carragher says he probably won’t get a better club  job in the premier league than villa before Liverpool in maybe 3 years . 

Good point and his mate is clearly recommending to him that he takes the Villa job

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Interesting how he quickly dismissed talk of newcastle a couple of weeks ago but refused to comment on villa - talk of a £2m buyout clause which means rangers can’t stop him hoping if he wants the job - as his mate carragher says he probably won’t get a better club  job in the premier league than villa before Liverpool in maybe 3 years . 

Not the dreaded buyout clause

Just now, villalad21 said:

I don't care about bringing through youth I care about winning. 

If the kids are good enough great if they're not send them out on loan. 

I get the sentiment, we need to properly establish ourselves in the top 8 before we can start risking the integration of youth, too much pressure, get ahead and then blood them slowly. As you say though, if they are good enough they start,  Jude Bellingham for instance would be a starter for us now 100%.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, I expect we will get one of the 2 or 3 we are actually after. I don't think we will be in a situation where all of our preferred managers have said no and we then need a plan B

You generally have a good idea if the man you want is interested in the job before sacking your manager - no doubt the club have been considering this beforehand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Good man. 

Not interested working under criminals. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Someone who has been against the manager since day 1 is always going to be "right" eventually.

Exactly. It's not really a high risk position to hold is it..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

where can i see this m8?

I suspect that we are going to be in an information void for a few days. Media have no idea who we are after and are just linking us with the same names that Newcastle and Spurs were linked with. Purslow will be working to try and agree a deal with a manager and we will only get a sniff of it when it is much closer to happening. There will be a lot of frustration on VT in the coming days and complaining about NSWE and CP for not having a plan :)