The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

If Red Bull can spot managerial potential as good as they can player prospects then Bo Svensson now back at Mainz is a coach worth keeping an eye on how he progresses. Was earmarked as the next to go through their multi club system… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Managed two clubs in the PL, got club record points haul with Spurs just missing out on CL spot, 2nd place in Ligue 1 with Marseille, managed in five countries, won the league in two (admittedly not top leagues), got european coach of the year one year.

He’s got more of a track record than Gerrard for sure.

He’s got great credentials, but long term planning? 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am Taken by the following....

• His persona and a " don't suffer fools gladly approach.
  • His reputation as a winner, winner as a player, winner as a manager.
  • Turned a huge football club around, albeit in an inferior league, but a huge job... and hasn't been fazed by it.
  • He is likely to inspire and get players to buy in, to his methods.
  • Would attract new recruits.

what isn't there to be like?

But there is no guaranteed man ....they don't exist.....it will be a gamble whoever it is, we just need to lower the risk as much as we can.

He does have a certain set of skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Vieira didn't have any pl experience. 

Seem to be adapting just fine. 

Put Viera on one side of a coin. Lampard on the other. Flip.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I hate to break this to you, but any manager we sign would piss off to Liverpool the first chance they got.

Haha. Fair point. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Vieira didn't have any pl experience. 

Seem to be adapting just fine. 

Funnily enough I was just looking at how Vieira did at Nice. Bombed out for losing five in a row… sounds oddly familiar.!

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I hate to break this to you, but any manager we sign would piss off to Liverpool the first chance they got.

To come back to this, this would be 'one of those good problems to have'. None of our managers have been wanted by bigger clubs for decades; how well would a Villa manager have to do for Liverpool to realistically consider replacing Klopp with him?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am sure other clubs fans disapprove of the decision.  This could stop our slide.  I do know top premier league clubs dont keep their manager when they lose 5 straight after they have been backed. Again love Smith but our CEO is just doing his job. I would think he was crazy if he let this go to 6 with the same head coach.

It was said on Match of the day....it was the record over the calendar year, not just the 5 defeats on the trot.

I think it was the performances too...It had to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Gerrard would have to impress enough with us to be considered for the Liverpool job. It’s a risk for both parties 

That’s where I’m at with Gerrard. We’d have to show we can compete with the Top 6 with him as manager for them to consider him. He knows that, we know that and Liverscum will demand that. 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Gerrard would have to impress enough with us to be considered for the Liverpool job. It’s a risk for both parties 

‘Spose. Just think this appointment is absolutely crucial. Can go one of two ways, and we’ve worked too hard and suffered too much to slide back again.

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

spot on.

when a player like Jack, who has been so invested in our club, gets lured, what the hell are we worried about.....as you say, they all will until, we get believeable/status

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was said on Match of the day....it was the record over the calendar year, not just the 5 defeats on the trot.

I think it was the performances too...It had to happen.

Who said it on MOTD, as I didn’t see it?

Can’t have been Linekar, cos he has come out and slammed the decision on twitter.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That’s where I’m at with Gerrard. We’d have to show we can compete with the Top 6 with him as manager for them to consider him. He knows that, we know that and Liverscum will demand that. 

so what is there to lose?

• Like 1