The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

More I think about AVB the more I'm warming to it (note: waiting for Birmingham Live to run a "Villa Board Sent Villas Boas message" story in the next few hours)...

Attainable for our club? (Think transfer budget, club status, etc) Yes

High Profile with a decent average win percentage? Yes

Experience of working with high profile players (Something Stevie G and JT doesn't have at management level, Lampard only has fleeting experience)? Yes

Has Villa in his name? Ooh yeah daddy.....

Johan Lange, Christian Purslow, if you're reading.. Get it done.

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's exactly where I'm at. These suggestions are a horror show. It's at least allowed me to laugh during an otherwise somber moment.

Seriously though stop saying Gerrard. Even if he's a success the hundreds of post fretting about him leaving for Liverpool every season will be too much. Let him get his PL experience with some other sucker club. 

You are right. It's just sad. I just can't get excited about a manager losing his job, especially when he's Villa. 

After what he's done for us, to dump him just feels f***ing awful, regardless of recent results.

• Like 2

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I'd really like you to end certain posts with.....ahaaa!!!

A few people have said that they read my posts in Partridges voice… I often forget that and then someone will say something like this and I piss myself laughing! 

It seems like Danish options will be mentioned a lot in the the press due to Lange. I mentioned to a few of my friends when we hired Smith, that Brentford got an upgrade at the manager position. I stand by that still. Although, I wouldn't target Thomas Frank now as I want to get away from the Brentford-link, I still think he'd be a solid option - all things considered. 

The only other Danish name I'd like to see us linked with is Bo Svensson from Mainz. He's been a miracle worker since he arrived in there in January. He's a players coach and he gives young players chances, although he has a small sample size in terms of his career. I think he's going to be very successful wherever he ends up going in his career. 

EDIT: I'm not in favor of appointing a Danish manager, I'd really prefer not to, but Svensson is one guy I'd be really, really interested in. 

Edited by NPDK
  • Like 2

My choices would be Gallardo, Gasperini, Jardim, or Rangnick. The Denmark manager seems like a very interesting option too, googling him last night and seems he's very well regarde and gets a lot of praise.

Edit: Ten Hag would be my first choice as I think he'd be ideal for what we're trying to do with bringing through academy players, but seriously doubt we'd be able to get him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Fonseca is clearly next level to Smith. CL football and reached knockout stages and Roma. The other two are potential

For me there is a huge difference in going into a high performance culture and developing one.  Roma fans don't speak highly of Fonseca, if you want people who can change cultures then Favre has done that on a few occasions at BMG and Nice.

Just now, macandally said:

For me there is a huge difference in going into a high performance culture and developing one.  Roma fans don't speak highly of Fonseca, if you want people who can change cultures then Favre has done that on a few occasions at BMG and Nice.

I think Favre would be a great choice for us too

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lange is on borrowed time anyway imo. Be really surprised if he's here next season.

Unless we get to the root of a pretty disastrous coaching re shuffle the on field problems will remain.

This!  Deano has worn this, but think the problems are much deeper (potentially up to the used car salesman that is Purslow)

• Like 1