Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

39 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Jonathan Pearce saying Villa worry him regarding relegation. He thinks we will finish a couple of points outside of relegation. Mentioning it here because it is the first time I’ve really heard the media mention Villa and relegation. 

He thinks Leeds, Everton and Burnley will all get to forty points.

He's off his rocker.

Presumably he thinks Everton will beat Palace, Brentford and Watford and also get two draws from Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Jonathan Pearce saying Villa worry him regarding relegation. He thinks we will finish a couple of points outside of relegation. Mentioning it here because it is the first time I’ve really heard the media mention Villa and relegation. 

Yeah was a strange post. Lets hope we dont end up being a few points above by the end of the season and we are no where near the bottom.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fact, not only does barmy Jonathon Pearce think Everton, Burnley and Leeds will all get to forty points, he's really worried we won't get three points from six games.

To reiterate, he thinks Everton are going to get eleven points from six games, Burnley will get nine from five games and he's very worried that we won't get three from our six.

Laughable.

Got some villa fan logic, Leeds and Everton can beat Palace, villa can't 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fact, not only does barmy Jonathon Pearce think Everton, Burnley and Leeds will all get to forty points, he's really worried we won't get three points from six games.

To reiterate, he thinks Everton are going to get eleven points from six games, Burnley will get nine from five games and he's very worried that we won't get three from our six.

Laughable.

Leeds run in is a car crash as well.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Laughable.

If the bloke that used to be the commentator for Robot Wars thinks were going down were doomed i tell ye.

• Haha 1

If we beat Norwich, hopefully we can push away and not worry about the R word.  Sadly, I think it could well be the only game that we win for the rest of this awful season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He thinks Leeds, Everton and Burnley will all get to forty points.

He's off his rocker.

Presumably he thinks Everton will beat Palace, Brentford and Watford and also get two draws from Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea.

It's unlikely I agree. But he's not wrong to say we are not totally safe. 

If we lose to Norwich then more likely than not we lose at Burnley, and definitely against Liverpool. 

Then there are two huge games at home against Burnley and Palace, with a mutinous crowd (or a new / interim manager). 

I don't seriously think it will happen, and I think we will beat Norwich, but it's not inconceivable we only make 40 or so points.

Hard to see Burnley Leeds and Everton all reaching that though I agree. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I saw that, too, and feel much like @OutByEaster?.  Pearce is putting a very bad spin on his crystal ball and practicing the darkest math. But -- damn -- I wish I didn't even have to feel nervous about it. I hope our squad lets the real if unlikely threat keep us lively. If we can scrape up performances as at Leicester, I can't see us having any serious worry. But "if" is a word I wish I could drop from my vocabulary this spring.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Laughable.

That's weird, I just heard him on 5 Live and he said he had us getting 7 more points (wins at home against Norwich and Palace and a draw at home against Burnley). Very confusing.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Laughable.

The man needs to be put out to pasture - not a serious journalist or pundit. It’s embarrassing. Zero credibility. 

On 25/04/2022 at 23:40, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we need another point. 

I think 37 will keep you up.

Could be. But if we end up with 37 Burnley will also have 37 and whatever they get from their last three. 

I think it’s possible to survive on 37, Not sure if we will though, as it means we’ve given Burnley 6 more points.

Not too worried at the moment though, as I think it’s more realistic that we will finish with 49 points than In the bottom 3.

If we beat Burnley both games I think Everton can stay up even at 36. 

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

Could be. But if we end up with 37 Burnley will also have 37 and whatever they get from their last three. 

I think it’s possible to survive on 37, Not sure if we will though, as it means we’ve given Burnley 6 more points.

Not too worried at the moment though, as I think it’s more realistic that we will finish with 49 points than In the bottom 3.

If we beat Burnley both games I think Everton can stay up even at 36. 

Everton would be the team to worry about now catching us not Burnley 

On 27/04/2022 at 13:20, Zatman said:

Everton would be the team to worry about now catching us not Burnley 

Yes. We were takling about survival at 37. I think that’s possible. But not sure it applies for us. If we finish with 37, we will most likely be 17th. Then our survival will depend on Everton not winning 3 out of 6.

If we win both vs Burnley it’s probably possible for Everton to survive on less than 37.