Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

West ham got relegated with 42 points, which is the most points to go down with (since the change to 38 games) think this is going to be the season where 40 points will be the magic number. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

even if we won them 2 it probably wouldnt take us into the top half, we are 5 points behind Leicester in tenth who have played same number of games

2 wins gets us equal points with Newcastle it’s not impossible, it might be unlikely but not impossible.

We clearly can go down, we also clearly would have to go on an absolutely terrible run from now on to do so. The real frustration is that we have been so poor all season, even with the supposed talent available and two different managerial teams. I honestly don't understand why we are so shit with the players available and the cost to assemble them. If it was my money I would be really pissed off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

2 wins gets us equal points with Newcastle it’s not impossible, it might be unlikely but not impossible.

yes but Newcastle are also playing the same time when we play Norwich and Burnley so they could be picking up points as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Everton getting 11 more points this season is a laughable idea

They only need 9 or so to overtake us (based on us losing all remaining games). They’re playing alright today, despite losing. 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Newcastle are miles away from us. We can forget them now. We ain’t catching them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They only need 9 or so to overtake us (based on us losing all remaining games). They’re playing alright today, despite losing. 

I was replying to the idea of 40 points being needed. Absolutely no chance they pick up that many.

As for us losing every remaining game, give me **** strength

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Newcastle are miles away from us. We can forget them now. We ain’t catching them. 

We're closer to them than Everton are to us.

If we just assume Newcastle will lose all their remaining games...

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Are they? We were miles away from them few weeks ago , Villa 37 points Newcastle 43 points, we have 2 games in hand, I might be bad at maths but thats only 6 points , and again we have TWO games in HAND.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Are they? We were miles away from them few weeks ago , Villa 37 points Newcastle 43 points, we have 2 games in hand, I might be bad at maths but thats only 6 points , and again we have TWO games in HAND.

I agree. They also have 3 really tough games coming up which they could get no points from

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I like how "we're in trouble" and in serious danger of relegation because we're currently 8 points clear as things stand, but that we can completely forget about catching Newcastle who are 6 points ahead of us after having played 2 extra games.

Yes, but don’t forget that their form is absolutely nuts… so they will continue to get wins. 

54 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Huh?! They are 6 points ahead having played 2 games more. We have Norwich and Burnley next, so it's not inconceivable that we could be level with them after those matches. 

• Like 3