Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

West ham got relegated with 42 points, which is the most points to go down with (since the change to 38 games) think this is going to be the season where 40 points will be the magic number. 

Nearly 20 years ago? The league has changed a lot since then. The gap between the top and bottom has increased massively. I think 36/37 would have had you safe in the last 10 seasons. 

Its a shame really as the league is far more uncompetitive than it used to be. 50 points between Liverpool and Everton now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I like how "we're in trouble" and in serious danger of relegation because we're currently 8 points clear as things stand, but that we can completely forget about catching Newcastle who are 6 points ahead of us after having played 2 extra games.

VT logic. 

As I said before, just liquidate the club now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Yes, but don’t forget that their form is absolutely nuts… so they will continue to get wins. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

That's... not how it works.

Clearly, form can change; if it could not change, then it would not be form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we need another point.

I'd like us get another 10 just in case.

You’re sensible OBE - what’s the likelihood of us going down in your honest opinion? 

Just now, Tayls said:

You’re sensible OBE - what’s the likelihood of us going down in your honest opinion? 

Something I'm curious about: what do you think the likelihood is of us going down?

Just now, Mantis said:

So it was all just a wind-up then?

It’s just frustrating being attacked for thinking we aren’t very good. If I’m the only one that thinks that there is the slightest chance that we can go down, then that’s cool, I’m obviously very wrong. Which I am happy to just accept.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s just frustrating being attacked for thinking we aren’t very good. If I’m the only one that thinks that there is the slightest chance that we can go down, then that’s cool, I’m obviously very wrong. Which I am happy to just accept.  

Who is attacking you for think we aren't very good? I think most people in this thread (myself included) would agree with you on that.

Also, not many are saying there isn't even the slightest chance, we've just been disputing that we're in serious trouble (which you've suggested multiple times).

This what I would say if I was trying to trick people into worrying that we could be relegated :twisted:

Wake up, wake up, if Everton win next week at home to stuttering Chelsea, and Burnley beat lowly Watford, and we lose as it may well be written in the stars to Dean Smith's Norwich then we will be just five points clear of relegation with five games to play, two of those against Man City and Liverpool, another two against Burnley giving them a chance to close the gap, we can't allow ourselves to think we're already safe and in doing so sleepwalk into relegation.

I think we get at least another ten points :rant:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, useless said:

This what I would say if I was trying to trick people into worrying that we could be relegated :twisted:

Wake up, wake up, if Everton win next week at home to stuttering Chelsea, and Burnley beat lowly Watford, and we lose as it may well be written in the stars to Dean Smith's Norwich then we will be just five points clear of relegation with five games to play, two of those against Man City and Liverpool, another two against Burnley giving them a chance to close the gap, we can't allow ourselves to think we're already safe and in doing so sleepwalk into relegation.

I think we get at least another ten points :rant:

I think we will be absolutely fine but if Burnley beat us twice I think we would go down.

42 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think we will be absolutely fine but if Burnley beat us twice I think we would go down.

Even beating Norwich?

Reality is we barely win another game and no way should Gerrard be in the dugout come August, should getting his P45 after Man. City beat us 5-0 on the last day.

I stand by disastrous. When you consider the outlay in collecting this squad together, the fact that this was a golden opportunity before newcastle had a chance to buy big to put clear water between us, the fact that we are scrambling around at the foot of the table arguing if 37 points is enough to stay up. The fact that we have two quality no 10's who apparently are unable to play together, but seem ineffectual when they do play individually. The fact we bought a proven Prem goal scorer who looks like he couldn't hit a cow backside with a banjo. The fact a large proportion of fans feel that Nakamba is the answer to all our problems. I despair I really do. I understand that Jack was a big loss, but we apparently won two transfer windows and are still shit. It seems that major changes are the only answer.