Weekends Football 17/19 September

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That VAR decision for Citeh is absolutely criminal.

Agreed add Liverpool to that clear kick on Benteke no pen.

Arse Keeper yes gets a toe on the ball but it's still in play and clears out the Burnley player who would get to the ball if not on the floor.

It's a joke that the clubs that wanted to leave the league get all these VAR calls.

The Liverpool one should have been given but I can accept that the odd incident is going to get missed.

The Ramsdale one... Something must be wrong with me because i couldn't see the touch.

But the Citeh one. Genuinely I've no idea how that is overturned. He's cleared him out. It's not even unclear, he's just come across him from behind and brought him down, getting none of the ball. You can maybe argue the red is harsh, but it's a penalty. I cannot see how it's not a penalty. But apparently VAR did.

Stockley Park have some oil delivered recently?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Liverpool one should have been given but I can accept that the odd incident is going to get missed.

The Ramsdale one... Something must be wrong with me because i couldn't see the touch.

But the Citeh one. Genuinely I've no idea how that is overturned. He's cleared him out. It's not even unclear, he's just come across him from behind and brought him down, getting none of the ball. You can maybe argue the red is harsh, but it's a penalty. I cannot see how it's not a penalty. But apparently VAR did.

Stockley Park have some oil delivered recently?

Said it before but it does feel sometimes as if VAR is essentially used as a form of legalised match-fixing.

It's an incident where I'd love to hear the justification for overturning the penalty. Because it's the most obvious penalty you'll see. Gets none of the ball, cleans out the attacker. The only way it's more of a pen is of he just knocks him out in the box.

But no. Apparently he's done nothing wrong. So explain it.

8 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Some websites won't let you use the word "snigger".

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

As opposed to what?

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyone having a little snigger inside, that Man City couldn't score against Southampton😂

Just to clarify, "Snigger" as in laugh, giggle.😆

What in the world went on here?

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's an incident where I'd love to hear the justification for overturning the penalty. Because it's the most obvious penalty you'll see. Gets none of the ball, cleans out the attacker. The only way it's more of a pen is of he just knocks him out in the box.

But no. Apparently he's done nothing wrong. So explain it.

Will we ever get an explanation? Probably not

The refereeing cabal will continue unquestioned, never to be doubted

Â