Weekends Football 17/19 September

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Shocking awarding of a penalty 🤦‍♂️ 

I watch shit like this and wonder why we bother having referees. Just go park rules and decide by consent on the pitch, it'll probably be more reliable. Useless rocket polishers.

This weekend alone I've seen at least a couple of decisions that should just see the officials immediately demoted. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

There’s got to be some sort of accountability for the endless bemusement with these calls. They get so many so blantantly wrong that your brain goes straight to thinking corruption. It just continues and continues and you’re just expected to forget about it and carry on. It will have an effect on how players are mentally for the remainder of a game, feeling aggrieved plays on the mind.

Thankfully none have affected us yet, but it literally ruines your whole weekend as a fan. They need to sort it tfo

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

There’s got to be some sort of accountability for the endless bemusement with these calls. They get so many so blantantly wrong that your brain goes straight to thinking corruption. It just continues and continues and you’re just expected to forget about it and carry on. It will have an effect on how players are mentally for the remainder of a game, feeling aggrieved plays on the mind.

Thankfully none have affected us yet, but it literally ruines your whole weekend as a fan. They need to sort it tfo

Ah they don't go away if they're against the big sides though. Only everyone else.

Utd have just been given a fk in their own box for AWB piling through the back of Soucek. And another for a very very clear dive by Varane.

City yesterday got away with a pen because... it's city?

The ref against us at Chelsea.

VAR has not levelled any playing field. It's another way they can give whatever they want to whoever they want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah they don't go away if they're against the big sides though. Only everyone else.

Utd have just been given a fk in their own box for AWB piling through the back of Soucek. And another for a very very clear dive by Varane.

City yesterday got away with a pen because... it's city?

The ref against us at Chelsea.

VAR has not levelled any playing field. It's another way they can give whatever they want to whoever they want.

Yep. It's disgraceful.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

No tactics just vibes 

Indeed. Man. United are really very average in central midfield. I mean the two they started with today aren't better than McGinn and Luiz. Rice been running through them so easily in second half.

What will happen is Ronaldo will be prem top scorer and they'll finish 10 points off Chelsea.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Ronaldo was looking for it but that was a clear penalty for me. Defender is too slow and there’s contact.

West Ham’s was a stonewall pen for me also:

I can't see how anyone with eyes can look at that and give a free kick to Man United.

Â