January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't see anyone forgetting what we have been through. There is a difference between ambition and entitlement. I want the club to be ambitious and to always strive to be the best we possibly can. There is no lack of humility with that approach. And we should be critical of the club if we feel that their actions are not right. This is a football forum for discussion about AVFC. It would be kind of boring if everyone came on everyday and said the club is brilliant and always does the right thing and every player we buy is the the right player for the club. Debating opinions is a healthy thing to do

🤦‍♂️
Please stop putting words in my mouth. When did I say we shouldn’t debate?

You’re taking it too personally.

I have seen a lot of crap online (not just here) that demonstrates a desire for instant gratification, entitlement and arrogance. It’s not the first time either.

Writing players or targets off as not good enough and basing opinions on nothing more than a few comments on different forums or message boards is just one example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

🤦‍♂️
Please stop putting words in my mouth. When did I say we shouldn’t debate?

You’re taking it too personally.

I have seen a lot of crap online (not just here) that demonstrates a desire for instant gratification, entitlement and arrogance. It’s not the first time either.

Writing players or targets off as not good enough and basing opinions on nothing more than a few comments on different forums or message boards is just one example.

I base everything on what @villalad21 says

Edited by MentalM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i posted this for the Summer window, but certainly also relevant for the Jan Window :P

image.png.24b34913bab7c3dc623b9673f71f5b32.png

I think you've got the x and y axes the wrong way around!

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Someone needs to step in and gazzump Newcastle here now. This is their signing for them to build around. Hopefully he flops but I think us, Liverpool or United (as only ones that really need this type of player) need to try and step in 😅

Hes the one we really need tbh. 

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Someone needs to step in and gazzump Newcastle here now. This is their signing for them to build around. Hopefully he flops but I think us, Liverpool or United (as only ones that really need this type of player) need to try and step in 😅

Absolutely fantastic signing.

Annoyingly sensible as well.

They've got so lucky this season with the dross down there. We only had Norwich as nailed relegation! We were up against West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth who kept bloody winning.

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Really good signing for them. I'd imagine if they go down the like of him and Trippier have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Really good signing for them. I'd imagine if they go down the like of him and Trippier have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

According to Sky Trippier does not have a relegation clause in his contract as he’s bought into the long term project there.

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Guimaraes and Luiz played together when Brazil won the Olympics… could be a nice midfield partnership for us. 

Bentancur would be an excellent signing for us too… not sure where the sense of entitlement or superiority from certain people is coming from… starting to resemble the kind of fanbases we tend to detest…

The guy’s a Champions League player for one of the biggest clubs in the world in Juventus. Still so young and with a lot of ability and potential, he could be a Busquets type of player for us.

We’re Aston Villa, we haven’t even finished in the top half of the PL for yonks! These players aren’t below us…

A reality check and perspective would be nice… it’s amazing that we’re even looking at this level or standard of player now…

I’m not overly fussed who we bring in (out of the recent names that have been mentioned), we’ve never been able to target or attract this calibre of player before… as far as I can remember anyway…

I’d rather trust in the club to make the right decisions and try to enjoy the experience and our new status… rather than aimlessly moan and groan…

Let’s enjoy… our opinions mean and achieve nothing anyway.

Doesn’t matter who he plays for , look at the player individually, could say the same about Barkley look who he plays for 🤦🏽‍♂️  Yes its nice being linked to players at these clubs but if we can get it right then we don't need to keep spending. We need to jump in for the others or wait , we are just being hasty and rushing 

16 minutes ago, striker said:

According to Sky Trippier does not have a relegation clause in his contract as he’s being paid a mint, doesnt care about the football, just wants to get paid more than he's worth.

FTFY

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Doesn’t matter who he plays for , look at the player individually, could say the same about Barkley look who he plays for 🤦🏽‍♂️  Yes its nice being linked to players at these clubs but if we can get it right then we don't need to keep spending. We need to jump in for the others or wait , we are just being hasty and rushing 

I have. His stats are impressive and he’s an excellent passer of the ball. He’s one of the top young midfielders out there in his department and I do see him as a DM. He’s played plenty of games for a top side and in top competitions. Plenty of international caps too.

The guy was linked to Man City before they signed Rodri.

He can tackle, he can pass it and keep it. Better than what we have in that department.

I’m not even fixated on signing him, I’ll be optimistic on whoever we bring him on. But to call him “not good enough” for us is ridiculous!

Again, it’s something I didn’t say. I never said that a player is automatically “top class” if he plays for a more successful club.

The point is, has anyone judged the player fairly? All that’s made certain people’s minds up is a few comments on a forum! Madness!

What I did say is we shouldn’t be so arrogant to think that certain players are beneath us and it is worth trusting in the club and management for the large part as they haven’t really let us down much so far and are much more qualified and have vastly more experience, skill and knowledge than us bunch of clowns! 🤣

20 minutes ago, striker said:

According to Sky Trippier does not have a relegation clause in his contract as he’s bought into the long term project there.

'Long term'? Hes about 50 now!

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I have. His stats are impressive and he’s an excellent passer of the ball. He’s one of the top young midfielders out there in his department and I do see him as a DM. He’s played plenty of games for a top side and in top competitions. Plenty of international caps too.

The guy was linked to Man City before they signed Rodri.

He can tackle, he can pass it and keep it. Better than what we have in that department.

I’m not even fixated on signing him, I’ll be optimistic on whoever we bring him on. But to call him “not good enough” for us is ridiculous!

Again, it’s something I didn’t say. I never said that a player is automatically “top class” if he plays for a more successful club.

The point is, has anyone judged the player fairly? All that’s made certain people’s minds up is a few comments on a forum! Madness!

What I did say is we shouldn’t be so arrogant to think that certain players are beneath us and it is worth trusting in the club and management for the large part as they haven’t really let us down much so far and are much more qualified and have vastly more experience, skill and knowledge than us bunch of clowns! 🤣

Well lets hope it works out, i just feel there are others who we could scope out better suited to that position, ive read enough on him to feel uncomfortable about the decision sometimes you get that gut feeling and have to follow it

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well lets hope it works out, i just feel there are others who we could scope out better suited to that position, ive read enough on him to feel uncomfortable about the decision sometimes you get that gut feeling and have to follow it

We might not even sign him! 😆

I just think SG will ensure we get the right players in, it also depends on whether those players actually want to join us!

Like I said, the level of players we are now looking at are not beneath us (we’re actually demonstrating a lot of ambition), the difficulty is moreso in attracting them here and convincing them of our vision, project whatever…

Let’s not get too big for our boots while also trying to kick on. That pretty much sums up my original comments.

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I don’t think we should overlook the initial impact Barkley had for us… 

Yes, it didn’t work out for various reasons (including Covid and injuries, which hit us hard and badly disrupted our season).

We were flying at the start of that season, I refuse to ignore and forget thrashing Liverpool (never forget!) and Arsenal for instance.