January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I've not heard about him, but that is big money for a 20 year old in League 1, he must be highly rated and I'd imagine he'll join up with U23s, cant imagine Carney would be too impressed with him coming straight into first team ahead of him.

It is great to see the continued and substantial investment in young players. This lad is on top of Kerr Smith this window. The club is really building for the future

12 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

I'm sure that everyone will evaluate him on his performances here, and not from the etchings found in the wilds of an another football fan forum. We'd never do that. No sir.

But football fans forums are full of experts that know far more than the expensive scouting networks and analytics people employed by clubs.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

But football fans forums are full of experts that know far more than the expensive scouting networks and analytics people employed by clubs.

Also trolls at play.

• Like 1

Joao Palhinha Price has been set to £25mill apparently … https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/joao-palhinha-contact-paratici-spurs-competition-man-utd-bruno-fernandes-loves-him

According to reports from Portugal, however, Tottenham could have some joy with a planned move for Palhinha.

The Sporting Lisbon midfielder is a long-term target of the clubs, emerging as a player of interest under Jose Mourinho.

Back then, Sporting valued the 26-year-old midfielder at £33.5m (€40m).

However, his value is said to have diminished slightly since then, with his asking price set at £25m (€30m).

And the reduced fee is, according to Record, reported to have alerted Spurs.

What does Twitter say about him ?

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Joao Palhinha Price has been set to £25mill apparently … https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/joao-palhinha-contact-paratici-spurs-competition-man-utd-bruno-fernandes-loves-him

What does Twitter say about him ?

Said it before, this guy would be amazing. For that price it's a no brainer. Guess he want's European/CL football thou.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I've not heard about him, but that is big money for a 20 year old in League 1, he must be highly rated and I'd imagine he'll join up with U23s, cant imagine Carney would be too impressed with him coming straight into first team ahead of him.

Depends if he is a replacement for Carney though doesn't it 👀

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Ok, can anyone give me todays lowdown?

I saw someone say something about the lad from league 1, anything else?

We need an 8 and a 6. 

The Uruguayan man from juventus isn't good enough.

Bissouma is better but we won't pay tye money.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm with Pissflaps. I don't see him as being good enough offensively as an 8 and doubt he's an upgrade on Luiz as a 6. 

That's not necessarily my opinion..I just villa reported the main themes.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm with Pissflaps. I don't see him as being good enough offensively as an 8 and doubt he's an upgrade on Luiz as a 6. 

Then you need to get on the phone to Purslow and Gerrard now to try to avert this schoolboy error.

Edited by briny_ear

46 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ok, can anyone give me todays lowdown?

I saw someone say something about the lad from league 1, anything else?

- Young lad from Sunderland allegedly coming into U23s for £6.5m. though SAFC fans seem to think it's a wind up (allegedly there was a link they'd get Elmo in return, which for obvious reasons can't be true)

- No more players leaving on loan (Percy). Not great for Barry, Kesler, Young, Bogarde etc. Although now they have chance to make the first team. Potentially means Trez isn't leaving to Turkey as his rumour was always on loan

- Luiz being looked at by 'loads of clubs' and one to keep an eye on. Arsenal named. (Fabrizio)

- Bentancur linked again, alleged bid gone in, now in discussions with agent but bid not accepted as yet (not from a reputed source and no word on Bid value) separate link says £18m

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

That's not necessarily my opinion..I just villa reported the main themes.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Is Pissflaps the new VillaReport? When can we start bashing him(you)?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not sure this will end up being us but a Premier League team have had a bid accepted for 16 year old CB Will Armitage.

He's made 2appearances in the Papa Johns Trophy. The youngest Cheltenham player to ever make a first team appearance.

Obviously we've been hoovering up young talent and we've only just done business with Cheltenham after sending Aaron Ramsey there on loan last week.

Being around their first team (sort of) and in the PJ Trophy, he'd likely want to be in and around the U23s. We already have Bogarde, Swinkels, Feeney and now Kerr in those positions but at 16 he could really develop there with Feeney over the next couple years if Bogarde/Swinkels go on loan or if Kerr (or any of the others) are fast tracked to the first team squad.

Paging @cheltenham_villa to share an opinion

Its really interesting and I'm afraid I can't offer much of a view. I watched him against Chelsea but didn't realise his age and potential. What confused me today is that Cheltenham are often a club who are promoting other clubs youth players, to have such potential on your own bench seems odd. Villa must have been aware but sounds like he's Southampton bound.