January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Always thought he was a great defender, I don't recall him being much of a ball player but tackling and heading he is up there.

He's 29 ? So a 2 or 3 1/2 year contract is all I can see us offering. Hopefully it would be enough to tempt him so I expect 100k wages to be offered.

Hopefully it doesn't derail our dcm plans

I would hope it wasnt £100K per week, but I guess it depends on the fee.

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not sure this will end up being us but a Premier League team have had a bid accepted for 16 year old CB Will Armitage.

He's made 2appearances in the Papa Johns Trophy. The youngest Cheltenham player to ever make a first team appearance.

Obviously we've been hoovering up young talent and we've only just done business with Cheltenham after sending Aaron Ramsey there on loan last week.

Being around their first team (sort of) and in the PJ Trophy, he'd likely want to be in and around the U23s. We already have Bogarde, Swinkels, Feeney and now Kerr in those positions but at 16 he could really develop there with Feeney over the next couple years if Bogarde/Swinkels go on loan or if Kerr (or any of the others) are fast tracked to the first team squad.

Perhaps the Aaron Ramsey loan was a sweetener? That’s of course if it is us involved.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I would hope it wasnt £100K per week, but I guess it depends on the fee.

The issue is that in June he is a free agent and 100k a week for 3 years is 'only' about 15m. For a very good and experienced PL CB, about 15m total cost over 3 years is bargain territory. Okay, there is no sell on potential but a lot of clubs would be willing to pay that amount imo

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Good spot. It sounds very much like a Villa type signing

Unless he is 29 he won’t be on our radar. We only sign pensioners. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not sure this will end up being us but a Premier League team have had a bid accepted for 16 year old CB Will Armitage.

He's made 2appearances in the Papa Johns Trophy. The youngest Cheltenham player to ever make a first team appearance.

Obviously we've been hoovering up young talent and we've only just done business with Cheltenham after sending Aaron Ramsey there on loan last week.

Being around their first team (sort of) and in the PJ Trophy, he'd likely want to be in and around the U23s. We already have Bogarde, Swinkels, Feeney and now Kerr in those positions but at 16 he could really develop there with Feeney over the next couple years if Bogarde/Swinkels go on loan or if Kerr (or any of the others) are fast tracked to the first team squad.

Paging @cheltenham_villa to share an opinion

According to the Cheltenham Town website he was born on the 1st of January 1901, so I hope we’re not in for him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like he’s been shopped around because he was linked with other PL clubs last week rather than clubs being interested.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10400873/Newcastle-tracking-15m-rated-Montpellier-striker-Stephy-Mavididi.html

And the 23-year-old is being looked at by Newcastle, Brighton and Crystal Palace as they look to bolster their attacking options this month.

Doesn’t feel like we’d be in for him with Ings and Ollie on the books

8 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Because those who set odds want punters’ money. Anyone who takes this bet is being taken to the cleaners. ps was this on SKY if yes it tells you all you need to know.

It actually was SKY tbf 😂

Us signing another attacker isn't a crazy idea, we've lost Davis, Archer, Philogene-Bidace, El Ghazi, looks like Trezeguet might be leaving too, that's five players who were making the first team squad. Also worth bearing in mind that Gerrard sometimes likes playing with two strikers in the front three, did at Rangers with Roofe and Morelos and does it sometimes with Watkins and Ings.

Also Mavididi can also play on the left wing

1 hour ago, useless said:

Us signing another attacker isn't a crazy idea, we've lost Davis, Archer, Philogene-Bidace, El Ghazi, looks like Trezeguet might be leaving too, that's five players who were making the first team squad. Also worth bearing in mind that Gerrard sometimes likes playing with two strikers in the front three, did at Rangers with Roofe and Morelos and does it sometimes with Watkins and Ings.

Also Mavididi can also play on the left wing

We haven’t lost any of them, Bailey and Traore are due to come back and can play up front.