January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plucking a few names from sides above us, he's a better centre half than Maguire, Lindelof, Stones, White, Dier, Sanchez, Dawson, anyone at wolves.

And I don't think he's all that. There's some right dross about.

Yeah, he wasn't at fault for either goal against United. His driving run forward created a goal. I think he's getting better under Gerrard tbh. It will take time as he adapts more to the playing out from the back and being comfortable under the press.

What we need though is a new signing to properly put competition on Konsa/Mings. A guy breathing down your neck for your place will focus the mind and concentration levels in a game. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No top 6 team would buy Tyrone from us as a starter. After the DMC position has been resolved he will be next first team player to be replaced. It won’t be easy and will be expensive as there are many positives that he brings but there are undoubtedly better overall players available for that position. 

Nah. McGinn or Cash.

If Mings was to leave he would be going to a team currently seen as being better than us. Possibly one of the 'traditional top six', and if not one of those probably a team like Leicester, Wolves and West Ham, and he would be seen as a coup, for one of those teams.

• Like 1

No way would I sell Mings. As a left-footed CB he is one of the best in the league and it's always better having that balance. I would also say that the back 4 are exposed at times due to the lack of a defensive minded CM.

We need someone to come in and challenge Konsa more than anything else in terms of CB's, but that midfield position is crucial above everything else.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a villareport imposter ? How can they have the same Twitter handle?

The fourth character in the imposter's twitter handle is an upper case I, not a lower case L.

Twitter have a terrible font choice where they look exactly the same.

Edited by Wes
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

No way would I sell Mings. As a left-footed CB he is one of the best in the league and it's always better having that balance. I would also say that the back 4 are exposed at times due to the lack of a defensive minded CM.

We need someone to come in and challenge Konsa more than anything else in terms of CB's, but that midfield position is crucial above everything else.

Van dyke is right footed and plays on the left.  I think the left footed cb thing is over rated somewhat.  Nice to have but by no means essential for top teams

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If they wanted him they would already have bought him or been linked with him. He’s never been linked with any of them for a reason. 

i'd guess we'd price him at something like 70m if someone came sniffing around.

just because a rag hasn't linked someone with him, doesn't mean there haven't been enquiries

• Like 1