January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

I'm inclined to disregard pretty much anything he posts, but if we do end this window having landed Coutinho, Digne, AND Bissouma, that is huge! Obviously considering the club has no concerns around Bissouma from a legal perspective. This would really address some of our key areas of need and make it so that the Summer window would not have to be focused on a massive overhaul of the squad. 

4 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

I'm inclined to disregard pretty much anything he posts, but if we do end this window having landed Coutinho, Digne, AND Bissouma, that is huge! Obviously considering the club has no concerns around Bissouma from a legal perspective. This would really address some of our key areas of need and make it so that the Summer window would not have to be focused on a massive overhaul of the squad. 

He is a Sky journo who cant even get a verified blue tick on Twitter 😂

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Alex is being very weird about these GK rumours. Has started two now, gave absolutely zero detail as to why Randolph fell through as well. Just weird. A backup GK is no reason to lie for clickbait or spread bollocks as not many either side of the transfer will care too much. But weirdly handled..

Anyway.. allegedly in for Robin Olsen now 

Read somewhere David Moyes put a stop to it. They wanted 3 senior GK and he’s a strong character in the dressing room.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think as much as Coutinho and Digne will improve us, a new defensive midfielder transforms us as a side. It is something we have been crying out for, for years. 

It will help us keep the ball better, improve our possession stats and generally control games more. Nakamba is dogged and tenacious and Luiz is elegant and tidy, but neither can drive with the ball and really dictate the game from in front of the back 4.

I don’t know who we’re after but if Bissouma was available for £50m and the club think they can afford it (and aren’t put off by the allegations), then it’s a no brainer for me. 

We have to get it right in there and if we do, we’ll shoot up the table.

I couldn't agree with you more.

That is precisely, what I think will happen.

right now, we only have 2 players with defensive Nous in the team....Konsa and Mings.....its not enough...and it is helping to make us inconsistent.

There are teams above us, with inferior players IMO.....but they have that presence in midfield, we crave....and it tips the balance.

I watched the Southampton v Brentford game and couldn't help thinking both teams were more robust, than us.

A few seasons ago Brentford, were a Dainty looking side with good skill, but no backbone, Thomas Frank has transformed that....We need to do something similar, in terms of physicality and power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we sign Coutinho, Digne and Bissouma then that would be pretty insane. If told me before the window opened that they are the players we were trying to sign I would have laughed my head off. 

That is the one, I thnk will transform us....but if we can't get him....we need to find something similar.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, we need that ruthlessness otherwise the best we will do is stand still.

Time to stop being overly sentimental and judge players on quality/ability rather than memories. We need to keep enhancing/improving the squad if we actually want to progress, improve and achieve things.

The likes of El Ghazi & Trez are not even close to being good enough for us, sooner they’re out the better. And the sooner we can bring better in.

Tired of shit players to be frank (plus Trez really pissed me off with that poor excuse for a dive), it’s time to kick on.

Jas, balancing the books and the squad is common sense. It’s hardly being ruthless as we are not casting the out on the streets without a bean to their name.

we need to be a bit more mature about our attitude to former players. As a crowd , we seem more spiteful than most in them welcoming back. A few deserve a less than warm reception but most did their best for us.

Trez is the sort of player where there will be days when we would want his hard work and defensive protection on the right. The disgraceful dive apart, he has been solid team contributor who has chipped in with vital goals and assists as we “stabilized”. Very unlucky with injuries.

If we can improve on him, great and we do need make decisions on which of the 4 wide players we should move on. Looks like AEG first  but Traore and Bailey whist being the most eye catching seem fragile.

Exciting times ahead. UTV

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Jas, balancing the books and the squad is common sense. It’s hardly being ruthless as we are not casting the out on the streets without a bean to their name.

we need to be a bit more mature about our attitude to former players. As a crowd , we seem more spiteful than most in them welcoming back. A few deserve a less than warm reception but most did their best for us.

Trez is the sort of player where there will be days when we would want his hard work and defensive protection on the right. The disgraceful dive apart, he has been solid team contributor who has chipped in with vital goals and assists as we “stabilized”. Very unlucky with injuries.

If we can improve on him, great and we do need make decisions on which of the 4 wide players we should move on. Looks like AEG first  but Traore and Bailey whist being the most eye catching seem fragile.

Exciting times ahead. UTV

We should always be able to get £10m+ from the likes of galatasaray/fenerbache for trez too 

2 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Traore is much too inconsistent, not just game to game but minute to minute. Bailey it’s really hard to know because of his injuries. His 21 minutes against Everton were about as exciting as I can remember for a while, but he’s either been injured or not fully fit since then. I think he’s a bit of a fingers crossed case at the moment, although I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we cashed in if we had a good offer. A fit Bailey would be great though and offers us the pace that we generally lack. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

They have made Aston Villa fun again.

we are very lucky to have them.

Yes we are. These are serious men showing serious intent - don’t think they will stop until we reach a consistent high level.