January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Haven't see that one, just went with the overnight papers, wondered where you'd got the scouse connection from - I figured Kalvin had stolen a car or something as a youth.

The Athletic, Gregg discussing potential options for LB, CB and CDM. Said Klopp not letting Gomez leave this window at all. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a lot of talk that they can't play him because he'll reach an appearances milestone that triggers another £10m of the Liverpool transfer fee and they simply don't have the money.

maybe but he is regularly coming off the bench, he has played 5 times mainly as a sub in the last two months totalling 116 minutes

the game he did start he had the lowest pass accuracy for Barcelona

Edited by Zatman

Remember when we was after coutinho when he was at inter years ago, it’s a no brainer on loan can easily win points on his own if he shows the form we have seen from him in his liverpool days 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why would they use him as a last 10 minute sub then?

I don't know, but I do know his situation in Barca is more complicated than 'not getting a start in the worst Barca team for 20 years'. I believe their mess of finances and his massive wages have a lot to do with it. He's clearly being forced out and for understandable reasons when you look at the money.

Just now, Rolta said:

I don't know, but I do know his situation in Barca is more complicated than 'not getting a start in the worst Barca team for 20 years'. I believe their mess of finances and his massive wages have a lot to do with it. He's clearly being forced out and for understandable reasons when you look at the money.

Could be something the lines of what we had with Bent.

Couldnt play him because of certain clauses that meant either a pay rise or big pay out

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John said:

He could just be a Merson rather than a Pires or Ginola for us though...

I seem to remember when Zola signed got Chelsea. His agent was offering him around to loads of clubs, including us apparently, although a certain D Ellis was still signing the cheques and controlling the narrative then, so… we’ll you know. However I seem to remember nobody being overly keen. I think the main reasons were cost and his age back then. You know the rest. 

• Like 2

Just now, MentalM said:

Could be something the lines of what we had with Bent.

Couldnt play him because of certain clauses that meant either a pay rise or big pay out

Was just going to post this as well.  

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

He knows about as much as the Leeds n Citeh fans on VT.

Seems to me one of the most informed people with regards Villa after Percy. Was saying Young was going to start as one of the 10s in Gerrards first game back and he was right, he was moved to that position. He said all along if 100m bid was received for Jack he'd be leaving and he was right. So Gregg is imo very well informed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seems to me one of the most informed people with regards Villa after Percy. Was saying Young was going to start as one of the 10s in Gerrards first game back and he was right, he was moved to that position. He said all along if 100m bid was received for Jack he'd be leaving and he was right. So Gregg is imo very well informed. 

Gregg is definitely not informed. He was saying for 3 years Grealish was gone. Guy is a chancer

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fair play, I'm so used to thinking all the media know nothing. Most of them don't tbh.

Edited by Phil Silvers

32 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everything flowed through him at Liverpool, very much how Grealish operated for us, and just look at how differently he's performing at Man City this season.  Now imagine if Man City started selling off their best players, swapped Pep for Southgate, and told Grealish he needs to completely change his game and try to be Mason Mount in order to get into the team...  It's a bit like what Coutinho has had to deal with at Barcelona.  

He was fantastic at Bayern 2 years ago, so I have complete faith that Gerrard will get his desire and hunger back, as well to play to his strengths.  Coutinho would be the biggest meltdown signing in the history of Aston Villa and could arguably end up being our Robinho and signal the beginning of a dramatic shift in quality of players we're able to recruit to the team.

On your Bayern point, his 19/20 season stats were phenomenal:

11AD890E-B84D-4209-AF83-C7EC78B0153F.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Remember when we was after coutinho when he was at inter years ago, it’s a no brainer on loan can easily win points on his own if he shows the form we have seen from him in his liverpool days 

We have been tracking him for 8 years and are finally making our move.....🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gregg is definitely not informed. He was saying for 3 years Grealish was gone. Guy is a chancer

To be fair to him its pretty clear that Grealish could have gone the last 3 summers so he wasnt far off the mark however much we like to think he stayed loyal - The deal just didnt quite come like this summer

• Like 1