January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Chindie said:

If you wanted Adama Traore you could probably save a few quid and ask Birchfield Harriers if we can borrow their brightest sprinting prospect of a weekend.

Its funny. You joke, but every time we play Wolves, go and visit the match thread. Most on here are shitting themselves at the prospect of playing Adama. 

I'd much rather have him in my team than play against him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hells yeah I would! Bertand is slow and weak and the other is fast and strong. 

Yes, Bertrand has elements to his game that surpass Adama's, but Adama is far more dangerous. 

2 league assists in 55 Premier League games. Has a 1.2 expected assists this season

In what way is he dangerous?

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fine. But he's miles better than Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi and at £20m, it's a steal. 

Yeah, he's definitely miles better than 3 players who all either out performed him or performed equally despite missing half a season through injury.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Adama Traore being touted around at £20m...

Seems cheap and would certainly add a lot of pace and strength to the team. I know he's a marmite character but I'd be all over him at that price. 

We've already got a graveyard of wingers unsuited to the way we're playing with little evidence the system will be tweaked to accommodate them short term!

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

He's a wild card all right but for me he makes things happen...He's unplayable sometimes.  Made the difference for them at Old Trafford at the weekend and caused us loads of issues when they beat us. 

I realize his flaws of course having said that.

For me....its going down the same old route of inconsistency.

has brilliant moments, and moments, and moments, moments.

why are Wolves selling him, when they are paradoxically the only club, to get anything of real value out of him?

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Coutinho feels a very odd signing.

Agreed, but a 6 month loan? He's a far better player than Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi and won't cost us a transfer fee (Wages, yeh yeh). 
If we were signing him for 30m, I'd be concerned, but a 6 month loan would be a great deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

2 league assists in 55 Premier League games. Has a 1.2 expected assists this season

In what way is he dangerous?

Slippery when wet? Or greased up rather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Coutinho feels a very odd signing.

Gerrard knows him so and our creative players are either injured, AFCON or out of form so not that odd I suppose.  Odd in terms of his form the last few seasons and his salary but hey ho, if real, then a little excitement around the place.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Imagine Grealish, Coutinho and Firmino signing. We'd be unbelievably positioned to finish top half and even push for Europa league. Providing chemistry went half decently. 

I know its not going to happen but one can dream right?

I would prefer some defenders myself

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hells yeah I would! Bertand is slow and weak and the other is fast and strong. 

Yes, Bertrand has elements to his game that surpass Adama's, but Adama is far more dangerous. 

Both are not the players for us, for where we want to go.

They flatter to deceive.

when we bought Bertie Traore, another pig in a poke.

Edited by TRO