January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

9 hours ago, RicRic said:

Nah why mention trez or AEG when they shouldn’t be considered options and maybe even JPB who hasn’t even featured , i say we need him he can battle with watkins and ings push them because too many of our players are guaranteed starters we need strong competition not weak competition. 

I’m not saying he’s not a decent player or could press for a place, but can’t see this position being a priority when we have players that can play there and more pressing requirements elsewhere. Also, I am suggesting we move on our two other forwards: AEG and Trez, not keep them, that’s why I mentioned them. I would rather see Martial or Sterling as they are clever, established PL players and would contribute immediately, however would think these are out of range. BTW, I just can’t see Alvarez going to Man Utd.

I am not sure I see a DM unless it’s a big signing (established or big potential). I genuinely think we are going to add additional attacking intent from the wing back position and a more cultured, ball playing CB. These would allow our possession and attacks to push further up while maintaining a midfield/forward 5 to anchor the middle/last third areas. I think only after we establish this balance Gerrard will look to improve the forward 3 positions in a later window, which could even be summer 2024.

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, broke his leg

Also wasn't given as a foul because he touched the ball whilst doing it 

He was garbage vs us in the 7-2 before that but he'd probably be England's 3rd or 4th choice without it

Someone needs to set up a Ben Mee survivors support group. Could meet in the community centre every other Tuesday evening 6pm. Tea and biscuits provided 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Someone needs to set up a Ben Mee survivors support group. Could meet in the community centre every other Tuesday evening 6pm. Tea and biscuits provided 

Not allowed to utter the words "got the ball" as it's a trigger 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

Great player but flying high up at the top end of the league in a Milan shirt, not sure we could tempt him to VP with no european football

Its difficult, but maybe Gerrard carries some gravitas with these aspiring midfielders?

20 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Its difficult, but maybe Gerrard carries some gravitas with these aspiring midfielders?

Kessie is not an aspiring midfielder. His next deal should take him to around 400k a week

He wants 200k now to stay at Milan but if goes into the market PSG will blow teams away financially 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59755557

Joe Gomez: Real Madrid monitoring Liverpool and England defender

Real Madrid are monitoring Liverpool and England defender Joe Gomez.

Well, we can stop worrying about whether Joe Gomez would be good enough for us, as we clearly aren't going to be able to sign him.

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just google steven gerrard was my favourite player growing up , then discard Bellingham for obvious reasons and whatever is left lets go after !!! 

No no no no no, sign him. See how the Neanderthals down the road react to seeing him in a Villa shirt. And then keep him on the bench. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thunderball said:

I’m not saying he’s not a decent player or could press for a place, but can’t see this position being a priority when we have players that can play there and more pressing requirements elsewhere. Also, I am suggesting we move on our two other forwards: AEG and Trez, not keep them, that’s why I mentioned them. I would rather see Martial or Sterling as they are clever, established PL players and would contribute immediately, however would think these are out of range. BTW, I just can’t see Alvarez going to Man Utd.

I am not sure I see a DM unless it’s a big signing (established or big potential). I genuinely think we are going to add additional attacking intent from the wing back position and a more cultured, ball playing CB. These would allow our possession and attacks to push further up while maintaining a midfield/forward 5 to anchor the middle/last third areas. I think only after we establish this balance Gerrard will look to improve the forward 3 positions in a later window, which could even be summer 2024.

If we want real firepower up top that consistent hitman in front of goal we will need to try and swoop for that player between now and the summer, its a bonus having that CB you describe but also a luxury, so we need to try and find that in the middle of the pitch, LB will need to be strengthened as Targett doesn’t have a clue what to do with the ball when he gets into the opposition half , not saying he's terrible btw he has improved his form over the last few weeks, i agree martial or sterling would be way more effective, martial may not be out of our range , not at all actually the more i think about it but I wouldn’t him anyway tbf

• Like 1