Pre-match thread

ender4

Now we have seen Ollie in training I would go with this (not an ideal formation, but covers the gaps during injuries)

Steer

Cash   Konsa Mings Targett   

Luiz     McGinn 

Bailey        Chuck               Ollie 
                    Ings 

Edited by alreadyexists

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Now we have seen Ollie in training I would go with this (not an ideal formation, but covers the gaps during injuries)

Steer

Luiz     McGinn 

Bailey                              Ollie 
                    Ings 

No wonder it’s not ideal, bold of you to go in with just 10 players 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Steer

Luiz     McGinn 

Bailey                              Ollie 
                    Ings 

I think he'll play big game big name Ashley Young plus the above. But where?

Incredibly tough fixture run coming up. Improving performances crucial, even in defeat.

There's enough muck around to keep us away from relegation places but it'd be nice to stay clear of them all season.

Chelsea are the best team in the world and losing to them won't mean the sky is falling.

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Incredibly tough fixture run coming up. Improving performances crucial, even in defeat.

There's enough muck around to keep us away from relegation places but it'd be nice to stay clear of them all season.

Chelsea are the best team in the world and losing to them won't mean the sky is falling.

Thats a bit of a statement. Ok they won the champions league but they finished 4th in the Premier League last season. 

so potentially if no one falls out of the coach on the way to the game we will be able to start.

---------------- Ollie ------------

---------------- Ings -------------

Anwar -- McGinn -- Doug -- Bailey

Targett -  Mings -- Axel (not seen any pics of Konsa training) - Cash

Steer

with hopefully Traore available also on the bench.

Maybe enough to get a draw...

Edited by VillanousOne

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They wouldn't have if Tuchel was there all season.

Put it this way I think we have more chance of getting a result against Chelsea than Man City. We beat them last season. They lost the cup final to Leicester 

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

https://youtu.be/MrKYg7eMilE

Training video.

They’re all there :)

I thought I saw, briefly, the lesser spotted Sanson? Very rare migratory species.

Or I might have imagined it.

Would like to see Bailey and Bertie starting, that would make for interesting stuff

• Haha 1

Following Dean’s presser, I honestly don’t expect to see Sanson, Traore and most notably Konsa starting the game. Not all bad news though, Ramsey, Bailey and Watkins confirmed as fit and available.  Tough game this and much will depend on whether Lukaku plays for them. If he’s available, I think we’ll struggle but if he’s missing I think we can get something out of the game, even snatch an unlikely win.  This is how I think Smith will start the game tomorrow:

Steer

Cash    Axel         Mings    Targett   

Luiz     McGinn 

Bailey         Young            El Ghazi

Ings

Subs:  Sinisalo, Konsa, Hause, Nakamba, Ramsey, Sanson, Traore, Watkins, Archer

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Following Dean’s presser, I honestly don’t expect to see Sanson, Traore and most notably Konsa starting the game. Not all bad news though, Ramsey, Bailey and Watkins confirmed as fit and available.  Tough game this and much will depend on whether Lukaku plays for them. If he’s available, I think we’ll struggle but if he’s missing I think we can get something out of the game, even snatch an unlikely win.  This is how I think Smith will start the game tomorrow:

Steer

Cash    Axel         Mings    Targett   

Luiz     McGinn 

Bailey         Young            El Ghazi

Ings

Subs:  Sinisalo, Konsa, Hause, Nakamba, Ramsey, Sanson, Traore, Watkins, Archer

Largely agree but I think more likely Watkins than Bailey from the start, if they are at similar fitness levels coming back from injury. Bailey he might want to ease into the league a bit from the bench.

And possibly keep Young LB and Ramsey back in midfield if Ramsey fully fit. Shame for Chuk to get injured just when getting into team but sounds minor.