Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Maybe it's just a tv problem but the atmosphere genuinely felt so much better when we were playing in the championship. 

Especially during the Dean Smith era

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm in my fifties and have sat in the same seat for every game since the Holte End Upper was completed in December 1994. It's about one third the way from the front and fairly central. I don't claim to be as loud or frequent as the fans towards the back of the Upper Holte, but I do join in with most of their songs, in the hope it will encourage more fans in the stand to join in.

On Saturday against Brentford, I was informed by the bloke in front of me that I was clapping too loudly. Slightly shocked, I think I muttered something like - 'Well that's what I intend, that's the point', which I admit wasn't the most succinct response.

It's not my future intention to moderate the volume of my support, but I'm curious - has anyone else had someone complain that their support was too loud?

No but certain areas of the Trinity and Doug (i sit all around the ground as i dont have a ST) you will sometimes notice funny looks if you have the temerity to shout or sing. The place is library. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

No but certain areas of the Trinity and Doug (i sit all around the ground as i dont have a ST) you will sometimes notice funny looks if you have the temerity to shout or sing. The place is library. 

Hopefully you ignore the funny looks and keep up the support.👏 🗣️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I'm in my fifties and have sat in the same seat for every game since the Holte End Upper was completed in December 1994. It's about one third the way from the front and fairly central. I don't claim to be as loud or frequent as the fans towards the back of the Upper Holte, but I do join in with most of their songs, in the hope it will encourage more fans in the stand to join in.

On Saturday against Brentford, I was informed by the bloke in front of me that I was clapping too loudly. Slightly shocked, I think I muttered something like - 'Well that's what I intend, that's the point', which I admit wasn't the most succinct response.

It's not my future intention to moderate the volume of my support, but I'm curious - has anyone else had someone complain that their support was too loud?

Christ

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yep. Rows of seats around me in the Doug Ellis available yesterday but it's all lies. We got 30k waiting and can sell out 55k every week..

I noticed loads of empty seats in the Doug Ellis near to the holte end . My mate was in lower holte and said there was a few empty seats near him. Also noticed Trinity lower with a few noticeable empty seats . Strange really because we are doing really well and it was a 3 o’clock kick off against less expensive opposition. 

4 hours ago, villanmac said:

Parts of the Trinity are OK, every game I've been there this season there has been loads of singing, upper and lower. DE wasn't the same

4 hours ago, brommy said:

That's more polite than I would have been

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Maybe it's just a tv problem but the atmosphere genuinely felt so much better when we were playing in the championship. 

The Wolves game was my first game in something like 18 years. I thought the atmosphere was electric at times. Obviously can only compare to a few games years ago but definitely the best I've heard there.

On 12/02/2024 at 22:00, Captain_Townsend said:

Indeed mate, you are preaching to the converted here, I agree with every word.

I think the atmosphere is great, but nothing like a good crunching tackle though, to raise the temperature and increase the decibels.

I always think a frenetic game, raises the decibels, without any props....I am not criticising our style of play, but a slow build up, as intelligent as it is.....tends to silence, the natives.

I think, if anyone is criticising the atmosphere...( I think its fine by the way) you look at Saturday, when we got the equaliser and went for it, the decibels, were clearly enhanced.

Seriously, maybe the club, simply doesn't agree, with the suggestions....and they do reserve that right.

I understand, some fans are keen to help....but the club, does equally reserve the right, to run itself.

Personally, I just pay my dues, support the club, and let them get on with it.....sadly some folk see a willing helper as a busy body....I am not suggesting they are, just suggesting that's how it can be interpreted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Definitely a tv problem imo.  To me it feels about the same, we had that period, then it notched down a bit under Gerrard but it’s definitely back now since Emery came in.

On 08/04/2024 at 15:59, Rugeley Villa said:

I noticed loads of empty seats in the Doug Ellis near to the holte end . My mate was in lower holte and said there was a few empty seats near him. Also noticed Trinity lower with a few noticeable empty seats . Strange really because we are doing really well and it was a 3 o’clock kick off against less expensive opposition. 

The price increases have killed it for me the last two years. I had a membership and would do probably 10 home games throughout the season, price of the ticket is ridiculous really, before I've had a pie and a crap pint.

Gave up the membership and only go down if someone has a spare now. I'm sure there are a lot more like me who used to go regularly but can't really justify the cost any more

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

The price increases have killed it for me the last two years. I had a membership and would do probably 10 home games throughout the season, price of the ticket is ridiculous really, before I've had a pie and a crap pint.

Gave up the membership and only go down if someone has a spare now. I'm sure there are a lot more like me who used to go regularly but can't really justify the cost any more

Yeah that’s fair enough mate and a perfectly good reason . I get the club needs to try and bridge some of the gap with the clubs above us but it’s been a big hike for fans. When you have a few empty seats like against Brentford though it does question the apparent 30k waiting list. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah that’s fair enough mate and a perfectly good reason . I get the club needs to try and bridge some of the gap with the clubs above us but it’s been a big hike for fans. When you have a few empty seats like against Brentford though it does question the apparent 30k waiting list. 

We sold out against Brentford so those empty seats were season ticket holder seats that couldn’t make it. I was unable to sell my seat so gave it away. 

The 30k waiting list is probably real but how many people just join the list but would never buy a season ticket if got a chance?

In terms of the atmosphere it’s hard to understand why it goes so quiet. I sat Trinity for the first time in a while against Wolves and was shocked at how quiet it was compared to where I normally sit in the Doug Ellis.

8 hours ago, wedge said:

Just an update for those who possess a season ticket and/or individual match ticket for the Bournemouth match on Sunday 21st April 3pm KO and are wanting to help make Villa Park rock:

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, the 1897 Group are just a banner for like-minded Villa fans regardless of age, gender, ability or disability, nationality, ethnicity, political views, sexual orientation, occupation etc to come together under to help improve the much-maligned (particularly in this thread!) Villa Park atmosphere of late. I'll be honest, I really didn't think it would go anywhere as nothing can be done without the club's permission of course but following a really positive meeting with the club one of our requests - taking advantage of Bournemouth not taking their full ticketing allocation and not having to displace existing ticket holders which isn't right and letting like-minded fans be located together in the same section for a Villa Park match - was granted and initially we have 100 tickets in block P9 of the Doug Ellis upper tier (usually the away section for clubs who take their full allocation) reserved in what is a rail seating/safe standing area. 

The initial take up has been brilliant and initially we thought that just filling out the Google Document with your name and FAN ID would be enough for the club to then re-issue those fans new tickets just for the Bournemouth game, however unfortunately now the club want all fans who want to join the group in block P9 to email the club's supporter liaison officer Lee Preece at lee.preece@avfc.co.uk (preferably from the email account associated with your FAN ID) with your name and FAN ID and an email similar to the following:

"Hi Lee,

I wish to confirm I am a season ticket holder/I have purchased a match ticket (delete where appropriate) and I wish to relocate my ticket to block P9 for the Bournemouth home match to be located with the 1897 Group.

My name is (insert name here)

My FAN ID is (insert FAN ID here)"

You will get an acknowledgement email from Lee in due course with further details and your P9 ticket for the match in due course.

The deadline to submit your relocation email to Lee Preece is Thursday 11th April 5pm

It's vital that as many Villa fans as possible join us for the Bournemouth trial to make it a spectacle and success and get the group recognised, if we were to get past Lille in the UECL QF and draw Fenerbahce in the semi final as Fener fans are currently banned from attending European away matches by UEFA it would represent another great opportunity for the group to pack out the area that would have been occupied by the away support.

For the good of the atmosphere at Villa Park for years to come, please help us if you can!

I might be bringing my 9 year old to this game so we could potentially both move over. Shes moaned before about there not being enough singing.

Any chance you can maybe DM what’s planned ?  Thanks.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â