Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was probably wishing for the glory days of a Gary Gardner/Ashley Westwood midfield combo

Telling me you dont miss a Ciaran Clark hopeful lofted ball forward to noone in particular? 

4 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Telling me you dont miss a Ciaran Clark hopeful lofted ball forward to noone in particular? 

When football was football, none of that tippy tappy rubbish

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

When football was football, none of that tippy tappy rubbish

You joke but there is a bloke near me who still is like this. Just before we scored the second on Thursday, you could hear moaning that we were back to the keeper and the defenders weren’t plying or forward enough. Then Lenglet switched the play, and Mous was played in. He was quiet for about 5 mins then was again moaning to get the ball forward quicker 🤦🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Another lesson on how to do an atmosphere tonight.  Not just for Villa, for all English fan bases.

Glad you said the 2nd bit, it just doesn't exist in English football

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Glad you said the 2nd bit, it just doesn't exist in English football

Said before, English football fans are reactionary fans. They don't really support the team unless something good is happening and leads to negative groans

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said before, English football fans are reactionary fans. They don't really support the team unless something good is happening and leads to negative groans

Yep,  but the question is why? 

I don’t think English fans realise how bad they are comparatively against fans from pretty much everywhere else.  I believe part of the 1897 Group’s inspiration was having their eyes opened by some of our opponents fans in Europe this season.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep,  but the question is why? 

I don’t think English fans realise how bad they are comparatively against fans from pretty much everywhere else.  I believe part of the 1897 Group’s inspiration was having their eyes opened by some of our opponents fans in Europe this season.  

Completely different cultures, English football until recently have never really hard organised ultra groups and mass chanting/displays etc. We just turn up, have a pie and a moan, and then drive home.

• Haha 2

The kind of relentless hostile atmosphere they were able to create doesn't really mesh with the premier league being an expensive fun day out for all the family. For better and for worse, English football is gentrified in a way it isn't across other European countries

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

One of my favourite Villa Park atmospheres - particularly the second half😍

I know it's nostalgia, I know he's never make the cut at this level, but that moment was a peak that I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I know it's nostalgia, I know he's never make the cut at this level, but that moment was a peak that I'll never forget. 

Wand of a left foot

On 10/05/2024 at 13:53, The Fun Factory said:

Completely different cultures, English football until recently have never really hard organised ultra groups and mass chanting/displays etc. We just turn up, have a pie and a moan, and then drive home.

In all fairness 30 years ago, we used to kick the **** out of each other

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Wand of a left foot

Like Harry Potter with that left peg, couldn't ever dislike him. What a man.

Atmosphere was notably electric tonight watching on the tele. Loud songs all game, some I hadn't heard us sing in a while. Well done to all of you for helping rescue a point. 

• Like 2

On 11/05/2024 at 14:41, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah that was incredible. I was sat near that corner where Conor celebrated, I managed to get one of the last tickets and I was in the D E lower. When that goal went it I hugged the bloke next to me. What a day! 😂 

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2024 at 14:41, Brumstopdogs said:

The only game of that season I couldn't get to. But I could feel the atmosphere watching on my laptop in my hotel room. Goosebumps.

Edited by Okonokos

Â