Austin MacPhee

Strog

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Was McGinn standing there for Dougie to aim at?

Clever nanny. 

My thoughts exactly, Sidwell and Crouch talked about him being there to add confusion for the defence but I think it’s much simpler and I agree that he’s there as a marker and for ‘something’ to aim at.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My thoughts exactly, Sidwell and Crouch talked about him being there to add confusion for the defence but I think it’s much simpler and I agree that he’s there as a marker and for ‘something’ to aim at.

Totally right. A point of reference with a big ass. I love that everything is done for a reason.  No more stick it in the mixer and wish for luck. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

• 2 weeks later...

I know managers have their 'team' who generally go from job to job with them, whilst other coaches are employed by the club, but for someone to be a big part of three different coaching teams especially impressing Emery must be doing a lot of things right.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, TRO said:

just getting ready for my Xmas Dinner at the Swan ( Whittaker Heath).....The coaches sometimes go in there as a group, as its close to BMH

Make my day if Unai was having his dinner there too, as he has been in a few times...wishful thinking.

Austin McPhee did make it for his Xmas Dinner in the Swan....didn't speak to him though.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Does he lay out the salt and pepper and other condiments in set piece formations, and use the peas or sprouts as the ball

No, but the waitresses did seem in formation, delivering his veggies.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We need him to produce some magic today, bad sign from an attacking point of view that this thread hasn't been updated in 2024.

I want to see him run onto the pitch just as the set piece is being taken and score with a diving header at the back post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We need him to produce some magic today, bad sign from an attacking point of view that this thread hasn't been updated in 2024.

Tielemans nearly scored (should have really) from a great routine last week against Sheffield

Just now, HeyAnty said:

We are awful at defending crosses and corners.  He should concentrate more at these than his 3 touch fancy free kicks 

I agree with the awful defending, but is it his remit for defending crosses?

We seems to lose individual battles very easily.

Â