Austin MacPhee

Strog

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Very popular among the players as well apparently.

Yes, He does seem very Popular.

McGinn obviously works with him in the Scotland camp, which is nifty.....but Unai endorses him, so thats good enough for me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

What's he said now the arse

Basically saying set piece coaches are stealing a living and aren’t needed.  Players know what to do themselves better than anyone, such as him when he was taking set pieces.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Basically saying set piece coaches are stealing a living and aren’t needed.  Players know what to do themselves better than anyone, such as him when he was taking set pieces.

Its because Liverpool don't have a set piece coach.....and after all, Liverpool invented football.

It really does amaze me how these people get the jobs they do.....I guess more fool us for watching.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still don't understand why one of the other coaches can't work on set pieces  

What do they do all day otherwise?

Surely if they're not doing set pieces they're just lounging about smoking fat cigars or summat.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its because Liverpool don't have a set piece coach.....and after all, Liverpool invented football.

It really does amaze me how these people get the jobs they do.....I guess more fool us for watching.

They have a throw in coach

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Surely if they're not doing set pieces they're just lounging about smoking fat cigars or summat.

Calm down Danny.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well for one thing he's analysed average wall positions and found out that they often wayyyy too close, dignes free kick goal against United is because of him realising the wall needs to be 2 yards back and the players getting the referee to properly enforce it. 

He also just does other stuff with the team. He isn't exclusively a set piece coach just like our offensive and defensive coordinators won't just be only doing those things. They'll help out in the training, manage the players form relationships etc. 

If all macphee is doing aside from set pieces is being the players friends and keeping their morale up that's still good enough. 

I wouldn't be surprised that certain players from certain clubs have a "how to dive in the penalty area like you just have been shot in the head" coach.....

The diving coach that taught Kane was fantastic at his job

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I wouldn't be surprised that certain players from certain clubs have a "how to dive in the penalty area like you just have been shot in the head" coach.....

The diving coach that taught Kane was fantastic at his job

Barca used to practice it during Pep. No idea if they had a dedicated coach for it thou.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Speaking of which we seem to have FINALLY sorted out our throw ins. 

It's been driving me insane. Year after year. Manager after manager. More likely to lose the ball from our own throw in than keep it. 

Yes!  Such an easy thing to fix but no manager ever thought about doing something about it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Personally, I would just rely on a moment of magic myself. Just look them in the eye and say score.

• Like 1

Â