Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is elephant in room new stadium? I've heard it mentioned in passing on podcasts and obviously not a popular talking point

tbh, if we really wanted to get to the next level financially, its probably required, unfortunately.

Edited by MaVilla

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s from 2021/22 though.  We’ll no doubt be higher now although still not close to the top clubs 

Good point. It's closer and probably has two price increases since then. I'm still expecting another unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Good point. It's closer and probably has two price increases since then. I'm still expecting another unfortunately. 

That graph excludes cost of tickets so is literally money made from food, drink and merchandise. I doubt it’s increased by much because people want to buy more but there are no facilities to allow us to buy it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yep two increases since that season . Unfortunately that’s where premier league football is at and if we are to start challenging the top 4 then price increases will be inevitable.

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That graph excludes cost of tickets so is literally money made from food, drink and merchandise. I doubt it’s increased by much because people want to buy more but there are no facilities to allow us to buy it.

Oh right thought tickets were included. Goes to show how poor our overall set up is .

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Best thing we could do to boost our revenue is buy an Asian superstar

If we make CL wonder if someone like Mitoma would be possible (although we'd probably have to cash in on Ramsey to make the FFP numbers work). That's one for the summer transfer thread...

Spurs do seem to hold blocks back for Korean fans to come and watch Son. Seen a few games this season where camera pans to the first few rows behind the goal and there's several in that section.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the Holte End car park is actually for? Just an overflow for those who can't get a spot in the North Stand car park? Perhaps if the rumours about Aston Hall getting sold are correct the club could maybe step in and purchase the car park area there as it's still right next door to the stadium.

I've long thought that would be a great area for a fan type park. Would need to be a covered area but you've got a decent amount of space and the big screen which could be put to better use by showing early/late game.

Not sure if the plans for the modern North stand had an underground car park for coaches/club staff but that's basically always a feature of the London new builds.

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yep two increases since that season . Unfortunately that’s where premier league football is at and if we are to start challenging the top 4 then price increases will be inevitable.

I hate this narrative, I don't remember prices going down when we got relegated. 

• Like 1

Are Wolves making bank due to having Hwang Hee-chan in the team? Or is it that Son is a superstar. I know Swedes used to travel to watch whatever club Zlatan played for but this is not the case for Isak or Kulusevski for example.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I hate this narrative, I don't remember prices going down when we got relegated. 

Well they did slightly in that the price was the same and there were 23 home games instead of 19.  Seriously though, I take your point entirely.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Are Wolves making bank due to having Hwang Hee-chan in the team? Or is it that Son is a superstar. I know Swedes used to travel to watch whatever club Zlatan played for but this is not the case for Isak or Kulusevski for example.

i would guess most of the money related to someone like Hwang Hee-Chan would be merchandising.

He is probably the second or third (or maybe 4th), most marketable South Korean player, and only those 4 are probably marketable in any major way, for a country that has 50m+ people in it.

very shrewd tbh, imagine if the English only had 4 good players, and the whole country of football fans followed one of those 4 players closely, bought merch etc, lots of cha ching.

i always remember that Japanese famous player in the early 2000s (Nakata), i remember reading about it, and the clubs that paid transfer fees for him (Parma/Roma), said they made more in merch from him than they paid in transfer fees etc, and they both paid 20m+ for him, back in the early 2000s.

I have said it before, Villa needs to get on the Asia/Japan/Korea player bandwagon, or try to.

There's no doubt the facilities have gotten worse at Villa Park and I wonder if this is a strategy over a number of season to get enough fans to agree that in order to grow we need to move? 

It's being discussed and it would take time to make enough fans come around to the idea. 

5 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

There's no doubt the facilities have gotten worse at Villa Park and I wonder if this is a strategy over a number of season to get enough fans to agree that in order to grow we need to move? 

It's being discussed and it would take time to make enough fans come around to the idea. 

Have pondered that.

Look at clubs like Newcastle. We actually have far more space than they have behind our small stand. For me Villa Park is priceless and it would be a real crossing of the line for us to leave it when we virtually have a whole site behind the current North stand. It would be a real failure of vision if that is what they have concluded. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

New ground will happen eventually in my opinion. It will be sad to see but in years to come the next generations will only ever know the new ground as the home of Villa Park.  

It all depends on where it is situated.

Closer to the city centre and think a reasonable amount of modern day fans would be receptive to that. Out in the sticks by HS2/NEC and very much less so.

Seems new idea from Man. United is to replicate Spurs and build a new Old Trafford alongside the existing stadium.

Don't think we have anywhere near the space to even attempt anything so it's a remote prospect given the rebuilding of the North Stand has been mothballed.

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It's funny how Ellis, because of the Taylor report, had to rebuild three sides of Villa Park between 1993-2001 yet Lerner and now NSWE both talked big about building a new North Stand and then gave up on it.

Yep and due to his penny pinching and lack of forward planning we’re paying for it now so not sure of your point other than bemoan for the thousandth time your not getting a new north stand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless we develop the ground, we are going to be left behind on revenue. Rose tinted glasses off, VP is a bit of a 80s shit hole, with ole skool counters for food and drink, you can never get. The stadium has history, that's about it.

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yep and due to his penny pinching and lack of forward planning we’re paying for it now so not sure of your point other than bemoan for the thousandth time your not getting a new north stand 

OK, I will feck off so. I feel I am making serious points but if nobody cares why should I.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It all depends on where it is situated.

Closer to the city centre and think a reasonable amount of modern day fans would be receptive to that. Out in the sticks by HS2/NEC and very much less so.

But then how can we be Aston Villa? I propose a change to Birminghamshire Villa.

• Haha 1

Â