Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

On 19/04/2023 at 22:37, Talldarkandransome said:

Not 100% sure what's included but might be a few tickets and a kit for the kid. Don't think it's full hospitality or anything like that.

Either way it's a rip off. £500 is season ticket money, not day out money

We need an angry emoji in the reactions. Charging £500 for to fans for something that has historically been classed as a treat is shocking imo. Robbing bastards. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The discussion was about matchday income wasn't it? Spurs annual match day income must me more than £100m (just as ours is surely much more than £16m)

Both figures are straight from the respective submitted and audited accounts. As Blandy mentioned, they may count slightly different things under matchday revenue. However, the fact remains that Spurs matchday revenue is more than 50% of Villa’s total revenue. 

Villa’s matchday revenue is expected to be around £22m for this season (after the large price increases last summer). Once the new North stand and Villa Live is built, we’ll probably be more like £30-32m.  

Being in Europe and say another 5 home matches would add another £5m to the matchday income. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Our annual income cannot possibly be £16m.  That would equate to £20 per punter walking through door so cheaper than the cheapest entrance ticket alone. 

£16m annual is £842,000 per match. That’s £21 per ticket (and this was in the previous set of accounts before prices massively increased recently).

Kids tickets were £10.50 a match in the Trinity. Kids season tickets worked out at £7 a match from memory.   

Adult season tickets averaged roughly £23 a match, but under 21 adults were cheaper than that. 

The £16m figure will be a LOT higher for this current season, as even kids now cost £12-15 a match. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah people go to their ground early and stay after games as the 5:30 kick off game is on the TVs there. Obviously London prices help Spurs a lot in terms of profit margins on food and drink. 

We can surely focus ways to improve the match day revenue and fan experience. More games at VP will help with funds too if we can get Europe or a run of games

ive been to a few games and sadly i would say it is pretty much the standard for all clubs to achieve. Theyve done a great job of capturing all of the match day revenue. Arrive early, so many places to meet and congregate. Good quality food and drink available easily, merchandise available easily, full exploitation of the family and tourist. 

As a percentage they hold a lot less season tickets than us. This means that c40% of the ground are paying full ticket prices (which are more than ours). At Villa, i suspect thats less than 20%.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

As a percentage they hold a lot less season tickets than us. This means that c40% of the ground are paying full ticket prices (which are more than ours). At Villa, i suspect thats less than 20%.

I believe we only have 7k tickets actually go on sale for each match.  

30,000 season tickets, 3,000 away tickets capped at £30, 1000 club tickets, 1000 corporate tickets. That leaves 7000 for sale. 

Out of the 7000, probably 25% are discounted tickets for U21 adults or children. So only 5000 tickets every match actually go on sale at full price.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

We need an angry emoji in the reactions. Charging £500 for to fans for something that has historically been classed as a treat is shocking imo. Robbing bastards. 

For some reason they're not so keen to benchmark against other clubs when it'd result in the price coming down.

• Like 1

We have a hell of a lot to do to match the clubs at the top of the commerical league, particularly the ones in London. They just showed a sky sports news reporter outside The Emirates and its buzzing with people taking photos and carrying merchandise bags bought from the club shop - Its not match day in North London, they play tommorow. I know its London and Aston will probably never be able to match that factor, but it shows the disparity in english football. I love villa how it is however it is very hard to catch up with those types of teams who have both the geography and recognition. They will always be able to rig the game in their favour!!

Edited by Villatillidie95
  • Like 1

To compare matchday revenue for various clubs where i can find figures from their annual accounts. All figures for last season (21/22):

Man Utd - £126m

Spurs - £106m

Arsenal - 94m (euros)

Liverpool - £86m

Man City - £55m

Chelsea - £55m

West Ham - £41m

Newcastle - £28m

Brighton - £21m

Everton - £16m

Villa - £16m

We are so far behind it's incredible. A new north stand, Villa Live, european matches, more corporate offerings will all help.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

To compare matchday revenue for various clubs where i can find figures from their annual accounts. All figures for last season (21/22):

Man Utd - £126m

Spurs - £106m

Arsenal - 94m (euros)

Liverpool - £86m

Man City - £55m

Chelsea - £55m

West Ham - £41m

Newcastle - £28m

Brighton - £21m

Everton - £16m

Villa - £16m

We are so far behind it's incredible. A new north stand, Villa Live, european matches, more corporate offerings will all help.

That is some gap between us and Manure! Wow!

I have just seen this link as posted by @andycv in the Increasing Revenue thread, to a site that Villa have launched.

https://www.villaparkstadium.com/

I think things like this being rolled out will do no harm in trying to bring additional funds to the club outside of match day revenue.

43 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man Utd - £126m

Spurs - £106m

Arsenal - 94m (euros)

Liverpool - £86m

Man City - £55m

Chelsea - £55m

West Ham - £41m

Newcastle - £28m

Brighton - £21m

Everton - £16m

Villa - £16m

Makes you wonder why man utds CEO was so keen to have rules that linked spending to revenue...

1 hour ago, andycv said:

Interestingly, it looks like we've set up a website specifically for Villa Park - I am guessing to drive more non-match day use and revenue:

https://www.villaparkstadium.com/

Had a quick look 10 mins from New Street Station yeah if you are lucky with a taxi!  Makes it look like a 10 min walk very misleading 😜 

Nothing about ground tours either since we have such an historic stadium that should be front and centre of the website.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Man Utd - £126m

Spurs - £106m

Arsenal - 94m (euros)

Liverpool - £86m

Man City - £55m

Chelsea - £55m

West Ham - £41m

Newcastle - £28m

Brighton - £21m

Everton - £16m

Villa - £16m

How on earth are we 5 million behind Brighton- what prices must they charge?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

How on earth are we 5 million behind Brighton- what prices must they charge?

Did they have more home cup matches than us? £1 million more per extra match.

Is it a newer stadium than ours so they have more and better corporate facilities?

Do they serve food and drinks faster than at VP so make more on that sort of stuff?

Do they get any touristy overspill from London?

Perhaps the owners can set up a company which desperately wants to sponsor Aston Villa for as much money as Aston Villa might like to have.

And then another one that wants to sponsor Aston Villa's kitbags for that sum again.

And then another one that wants to sponsor the bloody bricks we build the new North Strand with.

Etc etc

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Isn't our new gambling sponsor rumoured to be about 12m?

Newcastle only have that because they are owned by Saudi Arabia.

FFP, go **** yourself.

That will be banned from the 25/26 season by the Premier league...

But it's embarrassing to see clubs like Southampton and Wolves AHEAD of us in sponsorship deals.

Â