Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

13 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I'm disappointed (if true).  With two impressive and well connected businessmen as owners of the club, surely we can do better than this?  This club has aspirations to get back to the top of football and to me that includes who it partner with.  I can accept the viewpoints that this might be the best commercial decision but imo, one decision leads to another, and I'd prefer a 'better' group of partners than a trashy Chinese firm that no UK based fan affiliates with.

purslow apparently alluded to betting companies paying twice as much than non-betting companies for sponsorship. we're not talking small amounts here. i think the point is no, we can't do better than this

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Woke Villa fans are giving this company a lot of slack for an old advert that was shown in Asia (different cultures and all)
If LYNX, Yorkie Bar, Cadburys or Pepsi was sponsoring us they wouldn't say anything even tho they've done the same stuff in the past.

Wrong. 

White label gambling firms are deeply unethical, some have links to money laundering and have no place in football. They are most often illegitimate companies setup by a broker in tax havens like Jersey. 

Other clubs quickly ditched this company, why are we incapable of doing any form of serious due diligence on such companies? 

The short term drive for money by promoting such companies is really not acceptable. Gambling companies have no place on shirts in the modern era. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

I mean … it’s not the best look is it really. But sadly C.R.E.A.M (FYI for those who don’t know it mean Cash Rules Everything Around Me btw) 

10B375FF-F3C5-4E14-ABCC-3D2D3669F64D.jpeg

DD76AD2D-AA0D-4213-AB83-55BC911EEA8E.jpeg

That ad is tacky. Fancy allowing those shirts! 

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Fans moan Villa don’t splash cash this January … club signs record shirt sponsorship deal - fans moan … You cannot have it both ways sadly. 

Exactly. It's easy to type pretend outrage on a fan forum when really you don't care all that much. If they're paying twice as much as the next potential sponsor of course we will go with these. 

I still don't know what the outrage is. Is it specifically because some people view all gambling = bad thus all betting firms = bad. Or is this specific one had a bad advert out a few years ago which they apologised for and we live in the cancel culture world so they need to be cancelled. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wrong. 

White label gambling firms are deeply unethical, some have links to money laundering and have no place in football. They are most often illegitimate companies setup by a broker in tax havens like Jersey. 

Other clubs quickly ditched this company, why are we incapable of doing any form of serious due diligence on such companies? 

The short term drive for money by promoting such companies is really not acceptable. Gambling companies have no place on shirts in the modern era. 

If they are illegal companies as you say why are the legally allowed operate in UK and EU? 

Other clubs ditched the company because of cancel culture. The bad ad was getting all the cancel cancel cancel noise and companies are always scared into ditching whatever the cancel people have attacked them over. If you don't placate these people they will persist in attacking the club. 

People need things to get all angry about and then target that anger at something. Then move on to the next thing. etc..

Tbh I'm not that fussed about the politics of it all, but more how the shirt displays the fact that it represents the club, rather than the advertising. 

The cazoo one was simply too big, then they stuck the slogan underneath which got ridiculous. It was like wearing an advert. 

Small gripe I know.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If they are illegal companies as you say why are the legally allowed operate in UK and EU? 

Other clubs ditched the company because of cancel culture. The bad ad was getting all the cancel cancel cancel noise and companies are always scared into ditching whatever the cancel people have attacked them over. If you don't placate these people they will persist in attacking the club. 

People need things to get all angry about and then target that anger at something. Then move on to the next thing. etc..

Because as I explained they use a shell company to register themselves in. The whole thing is very murky. I recommend you read The Athletic coverage on this issue. White label gambling is linked to wider criminality. How can we as a club be okay with that? The pursuit of short term gains is deeply unethical even by the low standards of modern football 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Because as I explained they use a shell company to register themselves in. The whole thing is very murky. I recommend you read The Athletic coverage on this issue. White label gambling is linked to wider criminality. How can we as a club be okay with that? The pursuit of short term gains is deeply unethical even by the low standards of modern football 

Because they'll pay us more than anyone else.

That's why we're ok with it.

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'm a fan, I'm glad he's put the financial importance of the club first. I bet often of horse racing and some other sports. I haven't a clue why people have issues with betting firms. My issue is with the lack of regulation of betting firms, which is down to the Government.

I often have a few pints and a few ciggies - I have no idea why people have issues with alcohol or tobacco companies being sponsors.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, that's exactly what it is, and it's why I've not bought one of our new shirts since the Acorns years. The retro shirts are the way to go, I'm not paying what, 60 odd quid to walk around with a gambling or used car showroom plastered all over my chest

I only  ever get one when at the end of the  season the club shifts them all for about 20 quid now. I remember during the lambert years it was a tenner. About what the clothes are actually worth, if that. No way would I pay full price for one.

Edited by The Fun Factory

26 minutes ago, spiezels said:

According to Forbes…

Our commercial is $58 mill theirs is $125

our match day is $1 mill theirs is $10

madness

Can’t be 1mill.  For eg say average 30quid a ticket * 40k.  Thats 1.2m right there, never mind all other stuff that people spend on match day.

10m is ridiculous though.  They saying each person is spending 260quid on average per game( yes i know there is corporate and like but its an average, not exact.)

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

As an aside, I find it really disheartening that most people don't give a shit.

Modern football really is utter wank.  I'll be out of it soon enough I reckon.

why though? why should i care?

is it because they made a misogynistic advert like 3 years ago (which i'm not condoning btw)? or because people just don't want gambling companies to be used full stop?

even when we don't have betting companies on front of shirts we still have official betting partners, with adverts shown around the ground. maybe i'm missing something, but i don't get the outrage

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

why though? why should i care?

is it because they made a misogynistic advert like 3 years ago (which i'm not condoning btw)? or because people just don't want gambling companies to be used full stop?

even when we don't have betting companies on front of shirts we still have official betting partners, with adverts shown around the ground. maybe i'm missing something, but i don't get the outrage

I’m outraged that your not outraged regarding bobzy being outraged 

Â