Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

It's a figure of speech for wasting the money. In this case spending it on poor players or other unworthy causes. In my case, get money on a Friday payday and come Sunday evening I have pissed it all away via handing it to a barman who then provides me with alcoholic beverages which I release from my body through urine, thus the phrase, pissing the money away.

too much information.

I know what the term means.....it was the context, when we have just signed  5 really good players ..but hey ho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

too much information.

I know what the term means.....it was the context, when we have just signed  5 really good players ..but hey ho.

Ah ok. I thought you were referring to future signings. My bad

• Like 1

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

Would prefer Pape Sarr tbh.

We do have a habit of linking a similar player when we’re trying to shake another from the tree...

didn't you see the Venn?!?

THE VENN DOESN'T LIE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

These teams are ahead of us in development.....we are just arriving.

Jacks money has helped us fast forward somewhat.

Really ? - I think at best we will do as well as last season.

The only way we crack on is if a couple of our youngsters turn into total ballers - I'm thinking Chuck/Barry.  Or we buy a a couple of £70m+ players. Don't see either happening until next summer. 

Just now, hippo said:

The only way we crack on is if a couple of our youngsters turn into total ballers - I'm thinking Chuck/Barry.  Or we buy a a couple of £70m+ players. Don't see either happening until next summer. 

I'd take a season of consolidation tbh. Perhaps some tempering expectations, having to wait for these players to gel, is necessary. 

Having said that, in raw talent terms, we've some v v exciting individuals indeed (coupled with the newly appointed set piece coach). that bodes well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Would prefer Pape Sarr tbh.

We do have a habit of linking a similar player when we’re trying to shake another from the tree...

^^^^^^^^^

Really hope so. I know you shouldn't go overboard on a youtube vid - but those tackles quickly followed by a slide rule defence splitting pass - have me reahing for the daffy gif ! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, hippo said:

many predictions are having us around  8-6th.....I would say 10th-8th

I said 12th last season and ended with 11th....I see us being a more rounded team this season, so we will see how that pans out.

Its hard to say, I think we have the talent, its just the character and will to win, I am a little unsure about.....I still think the back post on crosses we seem a bit vulnerable and we can't afford to give teams a goal start.

5 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I actually think this venn is lying through its teeth.

Can someone pls explain how Sarr is not in the >75th percentile for progression but Cheick is considering the below?

Venn: https://mobile.twitter.com/GoalAnalysis/status/1424786702045007880/photo/2

E08BC421-1353-4D98-82AF-AA3803F3BF8A.jpeg.e284f9ec7a88d3d12bb3b46ab89c42ab.jpeg

BAFDCC6C-B9EF-40E9-9966-716450B32893.jpeg.62cc3560b8c120b248e5e2a10bd1088d.jpeg

lets just hope our analytics guys, have the right information.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

many predictions are having us around  8-6th.....I would say 10th-8th

I said 12th last season and ended with 11th....I see us being a more rounded team this season, so we will see how that pans out.

Its hard to say, I think we have the talent, its just the character and will to win, I am a little unsure about.....I still think the back post on crosses we seem a bit vulnerable and we can't afford to give teams a goal start.

Building on last season if we can cut out dropping points against those teams we should have beaten — I know there were a few just can't remember whuch games we threw away — i think we'll be good for 7th or 8th. Obviously we're gunning for 6th which is not impossible but very tough indeed. If our new signings hit the ground running we have every chance of that. We are going to need some luck with injuries too, one area where we have been pretty unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Building on last season if we can cut out dropping points against those teams we should have beaten — I know there were a few just can't remember whuch games we threw away — i think we'll be good for 7th or 8th. Obviously we're gunning for 6th which is not impossible but very tough indeed. If our new signings hit the ground running we have every chance of that. We are going to need some luck with injuries too, one area where we have been pretty unfortunate.

getting beat, happens.....Its the sloppy goals conceded we need to cut out, despite having a generally better season, defensively.

I think people should rein in their expectations for this season, after all we are missing an integral part of the team from last year.........

Ross Barkley :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This Titter user must be legitimate: his profile picture shows him using an Apple Watch with a non-Apple phone: witchcraft and clearly a sign that he has connections with the netherworld. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's a figure of speech for wasting the money. In this case spending it on poor players or other unworthy causes. In my case (at least in the past), get money on a Friday payday and come Sunday evening I have pissed it all away via handing it to a barman who then provides me with alcoholic beverages which I release from my body through urine, thus the phrase, pissing the money away.

At least you didn’t waste your money. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I actually think this venn is lying through its teeth.

Can someone pls explain how Sarr is not in the >75th percentile for progression but Cheick is considering the below?

Venn: https://mobile.twitter.com/GoalAnalysis/status/1424786702045007880/photo/2

E08BC421-1353-4D98-82AF-AA3803F3BF8A.jpeg.e284f9ec7a88d3d12bb3b46ab89c42ab.jpeg

BAFDCC6C-B9EF-40E9-9966-716450B32893.jpeg.62cc3560b8c120b248e5e2a10bd1088d.jpeg

I suppose you could argue that carries don't necessarily mean the ball was being carried forward.

Â