Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Really ? - I think at best we will do as well as last season.

The only way we crack on is if a couple of our youngsters turn into total ballers - I'm thinking Chuck/Barry.  Or we buy a a couple of £70m+ players. Don't see either happening until next summer. 

If we need a couple of 70 million pound players, to improve on 11th, serious questions need to be asked.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we need a couple of 70 million pound players, to improve on 11th, serious questions need to be asked.

Well depends if we are improving on 11th by 10 places 😜

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ok fair point. 

What I meant was to crack the top six - we need a couple of prem ready/proven  players. The top 6 is incredibly competitive - the likes of West ham and Everton haven't cracked it despite decent prem sides for a few years. Even Leicester didn't make it with all the talent they have. Liverpool purchased there way there with big money signings.

I'm perfectly happy with the squad we have - right now things are bit up in the air with Jack going and the new lads not slotted in yet. I don't think we know where the gaps are (although we can all guess!!!!) - I think this maybe a season to take stock.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's getting ludicrous. Are people going to cry every window if we don't replace half the team because recently bought players not good enough for their liking?

I'm not crying. As I repeatedly said I'm happy for this season to be one to take stock. See where improvements are needed as the season progresses.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I'm not crying. As I repeatedly said I'm happy for this season to be one to take stock. See where improvements are needed as the season progresses.

You do know we’ve replaced a free transfer signing with 3 players who cost £90M ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dukes said:

You do know we’ve replaced a free transfer signing with 3 players who cost £90M ?

Not sure of your point ?

Theres a good chance we are going to change formation - not all the new guys will sparkle straight away.

Jack going imo is a major upheaval - long term we may emerge stronger. But the new players/ideas/tactics will take a while to produce their best.

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What? West Ham finished 6th last season and Leicester have finished 5th last 2 seasons

Ah - my bad I meant CL. !!!!!

Be great if we could get top 6. Just think we may have to patient whilst DS and the players sort everything out.

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ah - my bad I meant CL. !!!!!

Be great if we could get top 6. Just think we may have to patient whilst DS and the players sort everything out.

Sad thing is if we finished top 6 next 6 seasons in a row we wouldn't be one of the big 6. The big6 is sky's product, it's the 6 biggest companies, that's the group we need to be in. If we can and start winning g trophies, we still aren't. Leicester are doing just that and are not in the sky club yet.

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sad thing is if we finished top 6 next 6 seasons in a row we wouldn't be one of the big 6. The big6 is sky's product, it's the 6 biggest companies, that's the group we need to be in. If we can and start winning g trophies, we still aren't. Leicester are doing just that and are not in the sky club yet.

Actually a very good point! 

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah I know.

The only thing I can say is that villa ceiling in limitless - decent side for a few years and you wouldn't be able to build a stadium big enough.

We seem to get so close and then it falls apart. Hopefully Wes and Nas stay the distance where others have faltered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's getting ludicrous. Are people going to cry every window if we don't replace half the team because recently bought players not good enough for their liking?

Yes

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No, we’ll cry every window because we bought those players that weren’t good enough in the first place. e.g. Traore.

Â