Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Good sign if Atalanta are interested.

Looking forward to the day when other fans are saying "Good sign if Aston Villa are interested".

To be honest, there are hints of it already...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Haven't heard of the lad but seems to get a positive reaction from those that are familiar with him on here. I am not switched on with the French league at all. My thoughts are though... 

- If he came in, would that be as a squad option? or as an intended first X1'er?

- if squad, what's wrong with Nakamba (as backup for Doug)? He seems to love it here and is an all round good egg. If chances came up, I would like to see him get opportunities. Or is he further down the pecking order already then / are we open to offer for him... 

- or does that mean Doug will be less defensive and pushed up to MC?

- or will we be playing with two DMCs?

- if we got him what does this mean for potential JWP bid for MC position?

I am sure that depending on the opposition, we will be fluid with formation changes and obviously need players in a variety of positions. Nothing wrong with packing a squad with mroe depth and skilful players but if we were to make a change to a DMC position, surely better to get someone who is a class and above anyone we have in that position including Douglas Luiz? As well, wouldn't Cheikh expect the same amount of games as Nakamba? Would you leave France to come and sit on our bench for most of the season and compete with Nakamba? 

Maybe this is just agent BS given agents will use us to bounce bids off the wall for other clubs, but if this move happened, I would wish the lad well but I would be slightly underwhelmed. We don't have to spend the money we have left / Jack's money but, in reaching for that next step, to advance, is this guy really the answer? I mean fine if a squad option but then, no point having him, Nakamba and Luiz. 

I mean we have 38 fixtures in the league and a few more games in the FAC and the LC, no Europe and if we are on a streak, the gaffer likes to stick with the same XI a lot of the time. Sanson, although MC, is already due appearances when the chances come, and a bold step taking the 8 shirt too. 

Not sure about this link but does give food for thought. I think he would struggle for game time.

One stray pass yesterday from Naka, I was counting. I though he was the best player on the pitch and his distribution has improved dramatically from last year. In Naka we trust 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

One stray pass yesterday from Naka, I was counting. I though he was the best player on the pitch and his distribution has improved dramatically from last year. In Naka we trust 

Noticed at one point he picked the ball up on the edge of the area and just ran with it eventually getting fouled. Never saw him do that before!! 

15 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Nakamba is beginning to look like Mr. Reliable. He's starting to look like a first eleven regular.

Agreed I was never a Nakamba fan. But back end of last season and in pre season he looks a totally different player to the one that arrived a couple of years back.

2 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Apparently Cheick means ' wise or learned' and the national dish of Mali is something called Tiguadege Na.

That's all I got.

It’s a peanut sauce type of meat stew, looks beautiful, a bit like a beef domada. 

That’s good enough for me, sign him up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

We keep moaning that other teams pick up these rough diamonds for peanuts , well I think this is what the recruitment and data team have unearthed so I trust their judgement.  Looks like an upgrade Nakamba to me at least

Personally I think all the teenage talent we have been hoovering up are the rough diamonds. Its so low risk its win\win. 

• Like 1

Â