Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Am I the only one that saw this thread and presumed we were after the lad from Everton? 

Im hoping its a back up plan and Pape Sarr is the real French target.

Haven't heard of the lad but seems to get a positive reaction from those that are familiar with him on here. I am not switched on with the French league at all. My thoughts are though... 

- If he came in, would that be as a squad option? or as an intended first X1'er?

- if squad, what's wrong with Nakamba (as backup for Doug)? He seems to love it here and is an all round good egg. If chances came up, I would like to see him get opportunities. Or is he further down the pecking order already then / are we open to offer for him... 

- or does that mean Doug will be less defensive and pushed up to MC?

- or will we be playing with two DMCs?

- if we got him what does this mean for potential JWP bid for MC position?

I am sure that depending on the opposition, we will be fluid with formation changes and obviously need players in a variety of positions. Nothing wrong with packing a squad with mroe depth and skilful players but if we were to make a change to a DMC position, surely better to get someone who is a class and above anyone we have in that position including Douglas Luiz? As well, wouldn't Cheikh expect the same amount of games as Nakamba? Would you leave France to come and sit on our bench for most of the season and compete with Nakamba? 

Maybe this is just agent BS given agents will use us to bounce bids off the wall for other clubs, but if this move happened, I would wish the lad well but I would be slightly underwhelmed. We don't have to spend the money we have left / Jack's money but, in reaching for that next step, to advance, is this guy really the answer? I mean fine if a squad option but then, no point having him, Nakamba and Luiz. 

I mean we have 38 fixtures in the league and a few more games in the FAC and the LC, no Europe and if we are on a streak, the gaffer likes to stick with the same XI a lot of the time. Sanson, although MC, is already due appearances when the chances come, and a bold step taking the 8 shirt too. 

Not sure about this link but does give food for thought. I think he would struggle for game time.

I can honestly say that I have never seen this guy play live but looking at his stats and YouTube videos, he looks exactly the type of player that I have been hoping we would sign for about 5 years! I really hope that this is true. We do lack that dynamic presence in midfield. He could be worth £50m in a couple of years. 

Another productive day from me!

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hmmmm doesn't sound or look anything better than we already have TBH.  Would rather go for Pape Sarr - but guess he isn't available for 15m euro's !!!!

Pardon?

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

"Star midfielder" for 15 mill? Don't think so.

Another experiment for the same money.

I get the feeling though Mackenzie has one signing to make from France and we've had a few linked this summer. We need that defensive midfielder with a physical presence and skilled at passing and setting tempo. 

If he signs I’ll cheer him on but personally hoping this is a smokescreen for Tchouameni or Anguissa as stats wise they’re both superior players. 

If any of the DM links are true at least the powers that be at Villa are on the same wavelength as us lot

• Like 2

Â