Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

So, still feeling glum about things, when I saw this name I thought 'okay here we go..' A few pages later; and keep in mind why the glumness, I read: "reliable passer.." / "Not the best passer..".

*sigh* Logging back off for the day.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Can we have double pivot bingo in any central midfield discussion.

6 and 6…..double pivot

6 on it’s own….single pivot.

88….an unbalanced midfield

BINGO!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

6 and 6…..double pivot

6 on it’s own….single pivot.

88….an unbalanced midfield

BINGO!

And I thought 88 was two fat ladies! No good for any midfield.

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Let’s hope we get this deal over the line quickly. If we don’t Donald’s arm will drop off!

What a wasted childhood I had, I always thought that was Daffy.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I see our very own Douglas Luiz is one of the top players in Europe at ball retention but, according to VT, he is garbage 🙄

He is also lumped in the same grouping with Emile Smith-Rowe, who plays much more offensively, maybe thats a teaser?

I think retaining the ball offensivley as opposed to defensivley can take on a slightly different context and set of skills.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, macandally said:

Did you watch the game yesterday, that sounds very much like early last year, think he has improved considerably and is now picking spaces better, playing forward better and looks more accomplished for it

This year's Targett? 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He is also lumped in the same grouping with Emile Smith-Rowe, who plays much more offensively, maybe thats a teaser?

I think retaining the ball offensivley as opposed to defensivley can take on a slightly different context and set of skills.

One of the reasons I agree with others on VT who have said Luiz is not being played in his ideal position.  If we sign this Doucoure kid, he can compete with Nakamba for the DM spot.  Then Luiz can push further forward and compete with our other midfielders for minutes.  Luiz looks so much better further up the pitch imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Awol said:

That’s the mic drop graphic for this guy: 

B4FF8EDB-425F-4C15-8A6B-576F31BF43DE.jpeg

024FBC00-0B9A-41B0-B7A5-6F17FB8BEF1E.gif

I saw this on Twitter too.  Great info with the Venn- could very well be Villa's interest in this kid over Saar (other than the price).

Â