Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's getting ludicrous. Are people going to cry every window if we don't replace half the team because recently bought players not good enough for their liking?

Transfer = dopamine hit

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, we’ll cry every window because we bought those players that weren’t good enough in the first place. e.g. Traore.

Not seen a good answer yet as to why we've bought two right sided attacking players the summer after buying Traore.

Points to Smith et al not being happy with having Traore as #1 right winger, which is a shame after buying him for £20m.

I agree with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Arsenal interested apparently. Everything is falling in to place for us to piss them off again.

Be surprised if they go for him after already signing Lokonga.

12 hours ago, hippo said:

Not sure of your point ?

Theres a good chance we are going to change formation - not all the new guys will sparkle straight away.

Jack going imo is a major upheaval - long term we may emerge stronger. But the new players/ideas/tactics will take a while to produce their best.

Nobody's denying that, but your statement that we need 2 players of £70M+ is simply not true. We need to find the next Kante, the next Vardy etc etc the amount we pay is relatively meaningless, and i think our recent recruitment has been excellent.

Maybe we've already got the players we need, as you say Barry and Chuk look to be the real deal, only time will tell.

Every team in the world needs players to play well, tactics to be right, that's in no way unique to Villa.

14 minutes ago, dukes said:

Nobody's denying that, but your statement that we need 2 players of £70M+ is simply not true. We need to find the next Kante, the next Vardy etc etc the amount we pay is relatively meaningless, and i think our recent recruitment has been excellent.

Maybe we've already got the players we need, as you say Barry and Chuk look to be the real deal, only time will tell.

Every team in the world needs players to play well, tactics to be right, that's in no way unique to Villa.

I was making the assumption that better players cost more. Not always true of course.

No problems with the players signed. I think this season will be one of consolidation after Jacks exit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I suppose you could argue that carries don't necessarily mean the ball was being carried forward.

The ‘prog’ column is the one you want to look at - only looks at carries forward greater than x distance (I think it’s 5 yards from memory)

16 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I agree with you. In absolute numbers, Sarr has slightly more combined progressive carries and passes. If he's not in there, its likely a mistake. Unless he's for some reason giving more weight to progressive passes over progressive carries.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how he's made the claim that Doucoure is in the >75th percentile for progressive passes + progressive carries per 90 minutes. There is no combined statistic for both that I know of on fbref. The only thing I can think of is that he just took Doucoure's percentile for both categories and averaged them out, but when I did that I still get less than 75. 

I’m glad it’s not just me...

Your second point is a good one as well - I sense some seriously dodgy stats are going on behind the scenes.

Could someone who has Twitter call this guy out??

14 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's getting ludicrous. Are people going to cry every window if we don't replace half the team because recently bought players not good enough for their liking?

I

13 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sad thing is if we finished top 6 next 6 seasons in a row we wouldn't be one of the big 6. The big6 is sky's product, it's the 6 biggest companies, that's the group we need to be in. If we can and start winning g trophies, we still aren't. Leicester are doing just that and are not in the sky club yet.

I don’t think we want that do we?

I’d rather have the success and do it through sustainable player development as opposed to paying £60 million for a player to sit on the bench within 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

I

I don’t think we want that do we?

I’d rather have the success and do it through sustainable player development as opposed to paying £60 million for a player to sit on the bench within 2 seasons.

100%, I was more jabbing at media influencers helping maintain the hierarchy to the detriment of this beautiful game.

I've no idea what I was thinking at the time pushing this in this thread.

We have to use the Leics template until we crash through our higher potential ceiling.

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

We've not spent a penny yet this window, on the whole.

Owners need to sanction more transfers. 

3 more players, please. 

Not going to happen when everyone knows you've just got £100m in oil money in the bank. I'd be happy with one more player in. 

33 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

100%, I was more jabbing at media influencers helping maintain the hierarchy to the detriment of this beautiful game.

I've no idea what I was thinking at the time pushing this in this thread.

We have to use the Leics template until we crash through our higher potential ceiling.

Lol, my bad.

- - - - - - - - - the joke

me

what the hell happened to gifs??

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's called trolling

Also after a quick scan of his likes, he likes EVERY comment anyone puts on any of his posts, so there's absolutely no relevance to him liking posts about him joining Villa. You could comment that he's a terrible footballer that would never be good enough and he'd probably like it. Nothing to see on that.

That's not to say we aren't in for him, but his social media activity is irrelevant to that.

Edited by RichiBoi11

Â