Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This is what I thought we'd said we'd avoid. Feels very similar to the days of Houllier, Mcleish, Lambert where we have completely different ideas and end wasting money signing players for one that doesn't fit the next manager. 

Yep, what happened to those insightful plans that Purslow told us about. We were building intelligently, creating a system and identity that didn’t just rely on one manager’s ideas. We were led to believe that we’d have continuity between managers, and a direction for our football. 

Then Smith was sacked and we randomly picked Gerrard 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s so frustrating. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

People are saying something about Nakamba also unhappy on SM. What’s he done/said?

Nakamba made posted something cryptic a few weeks back. Not sure was football related

• Thanks 1

People are reading way to much into this and it's pretty shameful of these pages to give it undue attention without context or stuff to base it further on. It's just riling people up to push their view. Leon's dad is entitled to his opinion like any other person, I just don't appreciate the clout chasers who are furthering the toxicity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People are reading way to much into this and it's pretty shameful of these pages to give it undue attention without context or stuff to base it further on. It's just riling people up to push their view. Leon's dad is entitled to his opinion like any other person, I just don't appreciate the clout chasers who are furthering the toxicity.

It's even sent me into a bit of a meltdown if i'm honest.

However as i said earlier, might also be attached to the type of day i'm having. lol

But your point is another one of the reasons i'm so annoyed, it will strengthen the general negativity even further,

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's even sent me into a bit of a meltdown if i'm honest.

However as i said earlier, might also be attached to the type of day i'm having. lol

I'm sorry it's had a deeper impact. FWIW, I want Leon to be a success here too - his dad is an amazing advocate for him.

But you and many others would have no idea these comments existed if not for clout chaster with agendas to push.

I think that's just as sad.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I'm sorry it's had a deeper impact. FWIW, I want Leon to be a success here too - his dad is an amazing advocate for him.

But you and many others would have no idea these comments existed if not for clout chaster with agendas to push.

I think that's just as sad.

Yeah I edited before your quote and added: 

" But your point is another one of the reasons i'm so annoyed, it will strengthen the general negativity even further, "

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I edited before your quote and added: 

" But your point is another one of the reasons i'm so annoyed, it will strengthen the general negativity even further, "

Oh, I'm with you on that. Let's just hope Leon can continue to prove himself and we get to spike this negativity where it matters on the pitch.

Remember the signing, unveiling video on Butler's YouTube, so cringesome. Guy seems an egoist.

Re: Leon and the winger quote. He looked to play mostly on the wing against Bournemouth and didn't really help us too much.

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Remember the signing, unveiling video on Butler's YouTube, so cringesome. Guy seems an egoist.

Re: Leon and the winger quote. He looked to play mostly on the wing against Bournemouth and didn't really help us too much.

I don't think he did. He was central a lot. I'd be interested to see a heat map or average position map for it. 

*edit - just looked at one. Looks like he was quite wide in that game. Surprised me.

Edited by DCJonah

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Craig Butler is a massive knob 

He's 100% right. You want to call someone knob it's the manager who plays multiple players out of position every game. 

• Like 1

Can still be used as a wide forward with Coutinho/Emi as the false 9 when we play 2 up top.

If we were winning it wouldn’t be an issue. Would be nice if we could get the best from out talented players though.

Edited by a m ole

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He raises some valid points.

However that is pathetic  and unprofessional from his dad this be behind close doors. He is opening criticising gerrard public and the style of play.

The guys a melt. 

His Dad probably posts on here 

By my unique detective skills its narrowed down to @JAMAICAN-VILLAN 😉

• Haha 3

Â