Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

it's in that lovely right wing rag, the Daily Mail, be interesting if we can get an actual eyewitness account rather than gutter journalism

Cool. Hatred of the Daily Mail duly signalled, it seems likely they haven’t falsely claimed a police investigation is ongoing - or they’d get screwed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

it's in that lovely right wing rag, the Daily Mail, be interesting if we can get an actual eyewitness account rather than gutter journalism

If something has gone on it’s likely provoked …Played well today so I don’t care , let him off 🤣

1 minute ago, Chine said:

If something has gone on it’s likely provoked …Played well today so I don’t care , let him off 🤣

Well, wonderful that he played well today, but probably less than ideal if he's about to go on trial and do a stretch in jail or something?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just seeing his assist again. Class

And just like that, seeing his goal again, it was a horrific shot that would be saved by any other keeper.

I still don’t think he should be at Villa.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, wonderful that he played well today, but probably less than ideal if he's about to go on trial and do a stretch in jail or something?

Ok ok , sorry if it’s upset you , just trying to make light of it 

5 minutes ago, Chine said:

Ok ok , sorry if it’s upset you , just trying to make light of it 

I wouldn't say it's upset me particularly, but it seems kind of *less than ideal* in a world where we're selling JPB and A Ramsey, haven't got Buendia or Coutinho, for one of our remaining wide forwards to do something that was sufficiently serious for the police to take a look at it. 

10 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Apparently a fan was pestering him for a photo after Bailey said no. Bailey apparently pushed him and the guy fell over. Whole lot of nothing. Wet wipe was probably one of the new terrace view lot. 

No clue how true this is. Don't like sound of it at all from any side. Hopefully will be resolved quickly. No one can demand a photo with a player, no player should be pushing any fan.

Lovely assist today. Sharp finish to some quick thinking. Other than that didn't think he was brilliant. Steady. More of that is OK Leon. Keep working hard.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I wouldn't say it's upset me particularly, but it seems kind of *less than ideal* in a world where we're selling JPB and A Ramsey, haven't got Buendia or Coutinho, for one of our remaining wide forwards to do something that was sufficiently serious for the police to take a look at it. 

Lol , relax and enjoy the 3 points UTV!

3 hours ago, villan95 said:

Early on in the game he was dribbling and tripped over under no pressure and I thought "oh dear it's going to be another one of those games for him" But after that he was really good. Mainly kept it simple but a lovely bit of play for the assist getting past Young on the outside and cutting it back for McGinn. Took his goal well too on his weaker foot megging Pickford.

Hopefully he's not injured now considering he went off. I saw him smiling on the bench though so hopefully he's alright.

Much improved performance and signs he can be a useful player for us. 

After he'd already skinned 2 players and could have had an assist if diaby had a slightly different stance? Honestly there is no pleasing you lot

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That " incident " sounds out of his character, so I'd assume there has to be more to it.

I know how " fans " can be, Especially when intoxicated and frankly I couldn't handle it.

People often forget these blokes are regular humans too 🤦🏿‍♂️. I assume Leon's family and kid will have been around as well!

• Like 1

Â