Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 05/04/2023 at 08:42, duke313 said:

Whilst I'm delighted for Bert, and was a great finish and winner, he is very inconsistent as well.  1 good game 4 bad kind of player.

That's one hell of an overexaggeration. Offensively, he's always making stuff happen. He's inconsistent within an actual game - as he used to do some odd stuff with the ball in his own third and he doesn't have a natural aggression to battle, although he seems to be working on that. But I can't remember him ever having a consistently bad run of form. Obviously I'm not gonna speak about last season when he just had scraps of minutes.

• Like 1

Why do I get the feeling he will start again tomorrow, but for some strange feeling we're going to see his best performance in a Villa shirt. Not sure why just a hunch 💁‍♀️. 🙏 for Bailey 

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

Why do I get the feeling he will start again tomorrow, but for some strange feeling we're going to see his best performance in a Villa shirt. Not sure why just a hunch 💁‍♀️. 🙏 for Bailey 

Oh Frodo you think Bailey will be Lord of the Wings tomo, he will run Ring(s) around them.  That will be very Precious indeed! 😉

• Haha 1

Bailey obviously thrived on doing the spectacular and the percentage return from that is much lower in the better leagues.

Like Jack he will have to change his game, pick his moments better, and build his confidence.

If he can do that, he'll be fine.

He's too desparate to please and he needs to relax.

• Like 2

At the moment everything is tickety-boo, we are flying everything just seems to be coming together on the pitch, off the pitch, in the stands, everybody can't wait till the next game. There is just one blip & it's Bailey, I believe there is a player in there, we've seen it in flashes but most the time he has been poor, just hoping it's a bad spell & Emery can start getting performances out of him. It would be a massive help if he does start firing 🔥 for the last 9 games alongside Watkins 🙏 for Bailey 

I'd also keep faith with him. He's been, not great at times but since Emery has came in he's has contributed to our uplift in results. McGinn was shit and many were calling for him to be axed, he's turned that around with everyone now proclaiming his importance again. I'd like us to help see Leon through this tough time as a fanbase instead of throwing shit at him. His is very capable as we've already seen. He likes scoring against Man U too. 

48 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would start Bailey vs Forest in the hope that he can get on score sheet and turn his form around. I know this is risk

But what has he done to warrant a start over Bertie? For most of his time here, he has been a 5/10 at best - I see nothing to suggest he can withstand the rigours of the premier league - Bertie is also inconsistent, but he also has world class moments in his locker, moments of just sheer audaciousness, that no one else in our squad can offer - Emi/phill come close but not up to Bert’s level imo.

Bailey has had more than a fair crack at it, it’s now time to take a place on the bench and give Bertie his long awaited run in the team 

• Like 1

Another game was passing him by, drives forwards and ping goes his hamstring 🤦

That may be it for this season for Leon, if it is, he can come back stronger, just needs to get in the gym and add some muscle as he looks not strong enough, add 6lbs of muscle and hopefully he will also be more robust which would help his game.

10 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Not every signing is going to work out. It's not happening for him. Give him until the end of the season and we can decide what to do then. 

He’s done his hamstring, might not see much more of the season.

Whilst I'm glad we have Bertie stepping up into form just at the right time, we're so bare bones now that it's just marrow. Sad to lose Bailey for that reason alone, although I thought he might have had more to say as the season panned out.

Another keeper on the bench, I guess.

I’d bin him for certain - he has had more than his fair share of opportunities afforded to him and let’s be honest, his return has been ridiculously below average.

I would happily trade his place in the squad to allow Sansom the chance of a return and allow Bertie the chance to shine as I am a huge fan of his, although I do believe Emery will sign another winger 

Â