Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He can’t dibble with his right foot and he hasn’t got enough ability to keep cutting in on his left. I still maintain that he is better playing on the left. 

19 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Has skill, but if you had to sum up Leon Bailey in one word, it would be weak. Whatever skill he has is often wasted because he loses control after being pressured in possession.

I think Bailey has only kept his place up to now because Unai uses wingers and we don’t have any. Big changes coming in the summer. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Frodo said:

He has been poor recently but still think his best position is on the wing that's where he has been at his best for us, playing him up top in a front 2 doesn't work  I'd be inclined to play him next week against Arsenal in a front 3 of Bailey, Duran & Watkins ... with Duran through the middle. It's all well & hood saying he is shit but we rarely play him in his best position. He is frustrating but there is a player in there we've seen it in parts

This.

He's not a striker and he should be played on the left.

I think he's mentally fragile...and it's turned his game to shit.

He often miscontrols the ball...and whiffs it more than I've ever seen any pro footballer.

I'd even go as far as to say all the trips, slips, and stumbles he has are down to being unsure of what to do next. 

Can't get out of his own way when he's got the ball or is receiving it. Horrible first touch. Not a great passer. Selfish at the worst moments. Easily dispossessed. Doesn't track back well. Doesn't press well. 

Struggling to see what the upgrade on Traore is.

He needs a transfer to a different league.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

That touch when breaking through in the first half sums Bailey up for me. He's just not good enough

Yep, he had Watkins on his left who would have been through vs the keeper. Those missed moments are suicidal.

A warning I think for any Bundesliga prospects we may look at. 

Many a Bundesliga attacker have flamed out because of their inflated attacking prowess in a league where defense is often a “just vibes” situation

In truth, I think Bailey needs a sit down more than anything. He can’t seem to play his way into form right now and we’ve got some options with Duran and Bertie back. 

32 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

I agree maqroll horrible first touch.  I would go as far as to say he couldn’t trap a bag of cement of hit a cow’s behind with a banjo!  A 1 in 5/6 performer and not good enough.

first touch of a sex offender

Â