Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

His work for the 4th was exquisite. I didn’t think he’d seen Watkins and it wasn’t an easy ball but he was inch perfect with it. 

Would like to see him have a good game away from Villa Park. 

The problem with Bailey is, everytime he has a good game and shows some promise, he follows it up with a really poor performance. Hopefully today is a springboard to go on and really lay claim to that wide left position. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What a turnaround eh. From league one level to PL level in a game. 

Like I say, he has talent. Unfortunately, he’s still been a poor signing unless he can replicate todays performance more often. 

Still don’t think he’s quick!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like I say, he has talent. Unfortunately, he’s still been a poor signing unless he can replicate todays performance more often. 

And I still say Bertie is a better player 

You said he'd struggle in the championship. I think you're harsh on the kid as was your post the other night tbh. I think Bailey needs game time and a good run of games to get into a rhythm but it's obvious he has enough talent for the PL.  

Just now, avfc1982am said:

You said he'd struggle in the championship. I think you're harsh on the kid as was your post the other night tbh. I think Bailey needs game time and a good run of games to get into a rhythm but it's obvious he has enough talent for the PL.  

Some of his performances have been Championship quality, no doubt about it.

I hope you’re right and the game time helps him but I’m not going to change my mind that he’s been poor for the most part since he signed. 

Let’s hope he kicks on.

Some of his performances have been Championship quality, no doubt about it.

I hope you’re right and the game time helps him but I’m not going to change my mind that he’s been poor for the most part since he signed. 

Let’s hope he kicks on.

Lets hope so.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His work for the 4th was exquisite. I didn’t think he’d seen Watkins and it wasn’t an easy ball but he was inch perfect with it. 

Would like to see him have a good game away from Villa Park. 

The problem with Bailey is, everytime he has a good game and shows some promise, he follows it up with a really poor performance. Hopefully today is a springboard to go on and really lay claim to that wide left position. 

Yeah, was brilliant for the goal. I did think the ball had gone out at one point though. Was happy for Watkins, not been great this season but you can’t knock his effort. 

There's not much in football better than a left sided attacker/dedicated winger when glued to the wing. Bailey was outstanding. Having some one as composed as Ashley Young behind you can't be a bad thing either. 

Hopefully this is the springboard he has needed. Mind you he's had more than Tom Daly at this stage.

Edited by ccfcman

His post match interview was VERY interesting. Spoke about width. Spoke about coaching. Was close to slating the previous manager and coaching staff and how they were with the squad but stopped short. Sounds like a player who is relieved the fraud and his band of bullies has gone.

Â